Love and Loss

Beep...beep...beep... I felt a hand lay on my shoulder as I slowly opened my eyes. "She's awake!," Liam said, tears welling up in his eyes. I was trying to figure out where I was. "I'm so happy you're alive," Harry stated, pulling me into a gentle hug. "Why wouldn't I be?," I asked, rubbing my forehead. "You passed out in my arms," he said, a single tear shredding down his cheek.

I tried to think of ways why I would have passed out. Just then, Lou walked in the room, his face red, probably from crying. I was trying to piece everything together as time went on. I was sitting in a white room, tied to a bunch of machines.

"Where am I?," I finally asked. "A hospital room," Louis replied. I furrowed my eyebrows, why was I in a hospital room? Liam placed a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't really know why.

I laid in the bed, confused. The only thing I remember is who everyone was, no events. Liam was my husband, we have 2 kids together. Harry was my best friend and Lou, Zayn and Niall were all close friends too. Lissa and Jenny were my best girl friends. I know all of this, but I don't know anything that I've done with anyone.

The doctor walked into the room, a worried look on his face. "I have some bad news," he began, "Nikki has something called exterior memory loss. She only remembers people, not events."

Liam and Harry had concerned looks on their faces, almost as if they had just heard that someone had cancer. "It's only temporary," the doctor said clearly. Just then, the two let out sighs of relief.

I laid there, still not moving a bone in my body. I couldn't stand being here, all I wanted to do was go home. "How long was I sleeping?," I asked. "About a week, we were beginning to get worried," Harry said, rubbing my back gently.

"I'm sorry," I said, I didn't want anyone to go through this kind of stress. "How could you have stopped this? You couldn't I'm just glad that you're okay," Liam said with a slight smile on his lips.

I smiled back, "Can we leave now?" "The doctor said that we should stay for another week, just to make sure you're okay," Liam said. I nodded my head slightly. That week was the longest week of my life.

I sat in that room, only getting up when I wanted to eat. After that week, I was free to go home and see my beautiful babies. The minute I got home, I was welcomed  by my babies, who seemed happy that mommy was home.

After I was settled, we all decided to track my memory because I still hadn't gotten it back yet. Liam began by telling me everything we did during out relationship. Harry and the other boys told me about our friendships, all except Lou, but I didn't know why he didn't. Once we finished, I had begun to remember some moments, but not all of them.

Liam brought me some soup in my room since I was resting just so that I was comfortable back home. "I'm glad you're back," he said, kissing my nose playfully. "I missed you," he said before leaving the room. After he left, Lou walked in seconds later, looking to talk to me.

"What's up?," I asked, moving over and making room for Louis on the bed. "I didn't tell you our memory before because I had to show you," he said, moving closer. He leaned in and kissed my lips gently and pulling away.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST DO??," I screamed, but he covered my mouth before anyone could hear. "This is what happened," he said, looking me directly into my eyes. "We never kissed," I said clearly. "Yes we did, playing truth or dare," he said, clearing his throat.

"No way, I would never do that to Liam," I said clearly, burying my face into my pillow. I heard the door close, I'm pretty sure I just broke Lou's heart.

The next day, I woke up with a throbbing headache and Liam wasn't next to me. I searched the house, looking for him everywhere, but he was nowhere to be found. I waited for someone else to come downstairs, but after 20 minutes, something seemed fishy.

"Li?," I asked, waking one of the boys up. Harry came running down the steps, his jacket nearly coming off. "Where are you going?," I asked, watching his every move. "Liam is in the hospital!," were his last words before he pulled me out the door and into his car quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFY!

I hope you all like this story and thank you again for 5,000+ reads! Love you all :)

Let's get to 10,000!

Comment &

Vote!! :)