Slashed Promises

"MELISSA!?," Zayn screeched, practically throwing himself at Liam, but this time...nobody stopped him. Liam was forced to the ground, getting punched and bloodied while everyone around us stopped to look. Melissa was the one girl that the guys had PROMISED none of them would ever date.

Melissa Haynes, 22 years old, married to the one and only Paul Higgins. The guys made a promise that no matter how beautiful Melissa was, they would never dare wreck Paul's marriage. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!," Zayn screamed, still beating Liam to the floor.

Eventually, Liam was pulled away from Zayn and Zayn was sat down for some serious self reflection. "You slept with Paul's wife?," I asked Liam, cleaning up him bloodied hands. "She's too tempting, she wanted it!," Liam protested, putting his face in his hands.

"Tell me what happened," I instructed.

"Well, Paul and I were out for some drinks when his wife came over. She was wearing a crop top and short shorts, those were already attractive. Then Paul said that he had to go home and he'd be back, but Melissa was staying. After Paul was gone, Melissa started playing with my hair and running her hands up and down my arms...I couldn't resist kissing her and it got a bit out of hand," Liam spat.

"Liam!," I teased, pushing his arm. "Nothing was better than the day I met you, though...that Superman shirt and those shorts...," he trailed off as I began blushing. I could clearly remember Liam the most that day, but for some reason, I've always had a weird vibe going with him.

"I think I hear crying," I said, walking out of the room and into the living room where my two beautiful babies were, Kelsey and Liam. "Oh my gosh!," I screeched, breaking down into tears and grabbing a kid in each arm.

They immediately stopped crying and smiled at me. The two babies were only about 4 months old, but they can already smile and identify people. I haven't seen them in such a long time because of the honeymoon, wedding and just all around drama, but I was so happy when I got to see them again.

"Alright! See you soon! Thanks for coming!," I screamed out the door, shutting it behind me as I rushed into the bathroom. I had nausea all night, but it would have been rude to throw up when guests were here. I threw up, hunching over the toilet as Harry walked in.

"What's wrong?," he asked. I shrugged, wiped my mouth and washed my hands before leaving the bathroom. "Have you thrown up before?," he asked, looking at me oddly. I shrugged, "Maybe five times this week..." "I knew you were getting skinnier! We're taking you to the doctor," Harry instructed, pulling the babies and I into the car.

Once we got to the doctor, Harry told the nurse my symptoms and she immediately took me into one of the rooms. "Doc, what's wrong?," I asked, looking confused. "You need to go to the hospital, now," he said sternly, literally pushing Harry and I out of the door.

I clutched Kelsey in my arms as we ran out of the doctors office and into the car. Harry sped through the streets, finally arriving at the Emergency Room. "What seems to be the problem?," the woman at the desk asked Harry.

I sat in a chair, holding Liam and Kelsey as the doctor called me into one of the rooms. "What seems to be the problem?," he repeated what the nurse had asked. "I've thrown up for five consecutive days straight," I stated. "Was there ever blood?," the doctor asked. "Y-yes," I stuttered, suddenly getting scared.

I watched as the doctor left the room, leaving only Harry, Liam, Kelsey and I in the room. "I'm scared," I admitted as the doctor rushed back into the room, putting me on a stretcher and taking me to a testing room. He ran a few tests and put me in a hospital room before telling me the results.

The nurses came in and attached some IVs to me before the doctor came back. "What's wrong with me?," I asked the doctor. "Y-you have stage 3 cancer...," he said, causing tears to flow down my cheeks. "That's why you've been throwing up and getting skinner," he stated afterwards, "You'll have to stay here until we figure out how to treat you."

"Harry...," I muttered, pulling him close to me and crying on his shoulder. "Don't worry," he said multiple times, rubbing my back, "I'll be here all the time. My mom will take the kids and we'll get through this, don't worry." "I just got them back, now they're leaving again?," I asked, crying even harder.

"Nikki, you're a strong woman...you're going to get through this," Harry instructed. The truth was that I was only 16 and I wasn't ready to have kids or a husband or to even be divorce. I was growing up too fast and I knew it was true.

"H-Harry?," I asked. He came closer to me, "What's wrong?" "Will you still love me when I have no hair?," I asked, wiping the tears away from my cheeks. "I will love you no matter what you look like on the outside. You are the love of my life because you are loving, caring and strong, not just because you're a pretty face. I don't care if I lose my hair, just as long as I still have you here," Harry replied, kissing my forehead.

I smiled as the doctor came back in, "Nikki, we need to run a few more tests on you so we can make sure we're giving you the right medication." I left the room as Harry was left in there with the kids. After the tests were run, I returned to the room where Harry still sat, waiting for me to come back.

"You waited for me?," I asked, smiling at him as I rolled into bed. "Of course I did," he replied, pulling his chair closer to the bed and smiling up at me. I moved over, making room for Harry next to me as he carefully crawled into bed, wrapping his warm arms around me.

"I love you," he said, kissing the top of my head as I cuddled into his chest.

"Nikki?," the doctor asked, storming into the room. I looked up, "What's wrong now?" "Y-you're pregnant," he said, causing the room to go silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note;

Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter because I sure did! The story was going a little flat, so I needed some drama... comment what you think will happen and thanks for reading! Love you all :) xx