Love and Heartbreak

I woke up the next morning with a pit in my stomach. Liam has no clue that Louis and I kissed. Lou thinks I have feelings for him, but I don't. Well, I think I don't. "Nikki?," Liam's voice rang in my ears, startling me greatly. "What's wrong?," he asked, rubbing my back slowly.

Crap, he can tell that something is bothering me. I tried to tell him that nothing was wrong, but he didn't believe one word that come out of my mouth. "Li, nothing's wrong," I said, trying to cover up what had happened between Lou and I. I kept thinking about the moment our lips touched, how soft they were pressed up against mine, moving as one.

I walked out of the room, Baby Liam in my arms. I was waiting for Liam to come storming after me, but he didn't. I walked downstairs and directly into the kitchen. "Hey Nik," I jumped back. Lou was standing in the kitchen, almost as if he were waiting for me. "I-I'm not ready to talk about what happened," were the only words that could make their way out of my mouth.

He placed he hand on my shoulder, making me shiver. "Lou, stop," I said, backing away slowly. "Nikki, I just want to talk, nothing more," he said, removing his hand from my shoulder. I smiled slightly...but then I realized that we were the only two in the kitchen.

It looked like something from a movie. You know, when the cheaters are forced to talked to each other. I sighed deeply, and waited for Lou to say something. "I'm sorry," were the only words that came out of his mouth.

"Don't be," were the words that slipped right off of my tongue. We stood there, silent, for a few minutes before he came closer to me. I could feel him breathing on my cheeks.

I sighed again, this time, walking to the microwave. "Do you want some oatmeal?," I asked, trying desperately to change the subject. "Sure," he said, walking over to the cabinet and grabbing a box of oatmeal. We sat there, eating our oatmeal, no words being exchanged.

As soon as I finished my breakfast, I put Baby Liam on the couch so he could sleep peacefully.

"Nikki," Lou's voice rang in my ears, "it doesn't have to be this way." Those words sent a million chills down my back. I felt as if someone had just plunged 10 knives into my heart. Of course I loved Liam, he was my husband, the father of my children. The last thing I wanted was for him to get hurt.

"Lou, why me?," my voice echoed through the room. "Because you're...," he began speaking, but he couldn't quite finish what he was about to say. "Tell me," I said in a sweet tone. I didn't want to scare Lou away, but I didn't know how to tell him that I wasn't going to date him.

"What's going on?," I familiar voice rang from the staircase. I let out a sigh of relief, Liam stood there with my beautiful baby girl in his arms. I smiled and mouthed and 'I'm sorry' to him. He smiled back and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you," I said, kissing his cheek gently.

He smiled and kissed my nose playfully. I could feel Lou's eyes shredding my body into pieces. I told Liam that I was going to take a shower and I darted into our bedroom.

"Haz!," I shouted into Harry's room. He came running in, "What's wrong?" I closed the door behind him. "I have a huge problem," I said, burying my face in his chest. He stroked my back gently, trying to calm me down. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't stop thinking about what I did to sweet little Liam.

"Can you tell me why you're crying?," he asked, tracing circles on my back. "I cheated," I said, bursting into tears. I never actually confessed what I had done, I just thought about it. "With who?," he finally asked. I looked up, my face hot from the tears.

"L...L...L...Lou," I finally spat out. I still couldn't believe who I had kissed, I didn't want to believe it. "How?," Harry asked calmly. He wasn't judging me, he was sitting here and listening to me cry and cry...and cry.

"When we were playing truth or dare," I said, finally drying my tears and sitting up. I stopped crying for a total of 3 minutes before breaking down again. "Listen, I've cheated before too. I know you feel horrible, but you guys will work through it. You're married," he said, still tracing circles on my back.

"The thing that's bothering me the most is that I cheated on Liam with Lou. LOU! That's one of his best friends," I spat. I sighed deeply and lifted my head, wiping the warm tears rom my rosy cheeks. "Don't stress out," Harry said. "How do I keep calm?! I most likely broke my husbands heart," I said, a single tear making its way down my cheek.

I couldn't stop crying. Everything in my body hurt. "Harry, I don't know what I'm going to do," I said, still crying. He stroked my back and told me everything was going to be fine. "I can't stop thinking about it," I told Harry before my entire body went limp and my world turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote this entire thing in school on paper! It was 8 WHOLE PAGES! I hope you all like it! Let's get to 5,000! :)

Comment &

Vote!

I love you all :) <3