Chapter 5: Regrets

Author's Note:

Okay, so this is gonna be dramatic, but I want to give props to the inspration to this book; @gingerlysweet! her fanfics are amazing, you should read them sometime. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Nikki's POV*

I can't help thinking that I made a mistake. Harry's amazing, but for the past few days, Liam has been moping around the house. I mean, how would you feel if your best friend was caught kissing your girlfriend. I feel horrible for what I did. "Liam, I can't stand you not being happy. I love being friends, but I can't help feeling that I messed up letting you go," I said quietly. "Look, I don't hate you, I hate what you did. You kissed my best mate right in front of me! I mean, we weren't exclusive, but that doesn't mean I didn't love you!," he screamed. Did he just say what I thought he said?? "Did you say that you loved me?," I asked. He nodded. I smiled uncontrollably, but suddenly Harry came in and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Harry...I can't do this. I was just confused and I kissed you. I didn't mean to be playing with your emotions, but please, let me go...," I said, on the verge of crying. He let go of my waist and spun me around, "Why, why did you do that to me?," his eyes began to tear. "Please don't cry, I love you, but as a best friend, not as a boyfriend," I started to tear up.

I can't do this...

Why was I so stupid??

I darted upstairs into my room, which was Harry's too. I guess someone who was already upstairs had followed me. "Knock Knock," the voice said, it was Niall. "Come in," I said, burying my face into my pillow. "What happened?," he asked. "Harry and Liam," I replied, turning over so I could see his face. "I'm sorry, they can be competitive sometimes and it could get out of hand," he replied. "It's not that. I'm in love with 3 guys and I don't know who to choose," I said, tearing up again. Why did I always do that?

"Look, go with your heart. These guys, of the 3, who loves you the most?," he asked. I couldn't answer because I wasn't sure. "Okay, well what do you know?," he asked again. "I know that I'm extremely confused. One guy loves me for who I am and he loves all of my faults. The other is really sweet and is always there for me, and the last one? He loves me and has loved me, but I really hurt him," I said blankly.

He gave me this look that completely melted my heart, "If it were me...I'd probably choose the one that loves you with all of your faults, but the last one? That's Liam. I know for sure. He really loves you no matter what. I would do an experiment, though." I knew just what I was going to do. I gave Niall a huge hug and darted to Jenny and Zayn's room. "Jenny, Jenny, OPEN UP!"

She swung the door open, "Dammit, Nikki! What's going on?" "Get Lissa. I have a plan."

Alright, so I explained the plan to the girls. I would go on a date with Harry, Liam, and Niall. (All seperate of course!) After each date, I'm going to take them to a chocolate fountain that is only minutes away from the restaurant. I know that they all love me because I'm "pretty", but do they really love me for my faults?

Operation: Choose the Right Guy

My first date is with Niall. Now I know how he feels about me, but does he truly love me when I'm a pig? We'll see.

"Let's go," I said, smiling. He took my hand and led me to the car. I smiled the whole ride to the restaurant, I don't know why, but it felt right. "Okay, this place is perfect," I said, pulling Niall out of the car. He laughed slightly and we got escorted right to the back table. Operation is a go. During the whole dinner, Niall just laughed and kissed my cheek whenever he felt the moment was right. He gave me those butterflies that nobody else could give me, or so I thought.