Chapter 21

One year later

The cello laid flatly on stage, waiting for its owner to pick it up and play it. Your legs wobbled as you walked onto the stage, something you had been doing more often. Your parents booked you on a tour across the country. They filled up your time with useless events to keep you busy, so you won't wander off again. Not that you would ever do something like that, the first time was too painful and had such terrible consequences.

One year without any contact and yet seeing him on the news and billboards and on every single commercial you see, was so painful. Sometimes you wonder if he thinks about you in the way that you miss him at night. Highly unlikely, you laughed bitterly in your mind. After that day, he blocked your number, threw away anything that reminded him of you, and promised that he wouldn't think of you. He hasn't gone back to the museum ever since. Your old studio was turned into a storage room. When approaching that hallway, he would always run past the door.

The walls around him were rebuilt and cemented, he even put a roof over them so the sun would no longer shine on him. The boys tried their best to comfort him, but at times the only thing that's helpful is to leave him alone. It wouldn't last long because they would miss him dearly and he needs the warmth of his brothers. He was grateful for the six of them, it really is a relief that the seven of them were put together. He was also thankful for the ARMY, who helped them get Billboard nominations and a few performances at AMA. The tour also kept him busy, he needed to focus on something or else his mind would start to plunge into memories of you and he would never be able to escape.

In interviews, he cringed every time they ask about his love life. He wished they had better questions about literally anything else, like the music or their hobbies. He'd always lie and said he wasn't interested in anything at the moment. Every time you watch those interviews online, you saw the desperation in his eyes and how tired he was from everything. From you especially. You thought that by removing yourself from his life completely, he would get a clean slate and start over. Maybe you had underestimated the relationship.

With more wishful thinking, you had reserved a seat for him at all your shows knowing he wouldn't show up. Why would he want to see you or hear you playing. Without him in the crowd, playing once again became a chore. He was the only person that understood music, even if it was classical, he understood how music should make a person feel. Ever since you left, the spark and joy for music had also left your fingers. The cello was something you despise now, the instrument that bounds you to your parents forever.

After the concert ended, you snuck out of the concert hall. The sun had long hidden itself behind the horizons while the moon took its rightful place in the starry sky. On sidewalks, you saw dozens of people out and about, enjoying the new spring weather. You realized you hadn't change out of your dress yet. The heels clicked as you aimlessly walked to the tower up ahead. Underneath the tower was a gazebo lit up by strings of fairy lights. Couples stood by and pose together. They were pieces of puzzles, perfectly made for each other. The scenery only enhanced how complete they look. They gave you pitiful look as you walked closer with no real goal in mind.

"Y/N?" a voice called out. In his all black outfit, cap and mask covering his face, you would recognize his voice anywhere. And he wasn't alone. The figure next to him was also in all black, except for his newly blonde hair.

"Yoongi, Jimin. Hey." you said quietly. You were scared that if you spoke loudly, other people would notice and the two of them will get swept away.

"It's okay." Yoongi smiled. "They're closing the tower for us, those people will be gone soon."

"Yeah, we're on a date." Jimin chimed in, snuggling up to his man.

"Oh my gosh, congratulations." you cheered. "Oh, what am I doing? I should leave you two alone then." You picked up the trail of your dress and was about to walk to the other way. But Jimin gently tugged on your wrist.

"No, please stay. We want to talk to you." he said.

"Yeah, that's one of the reasons why we came here. Because we knew you had a show here." Yoongi added. They both gestured for you to sit at the gazebo. Your fingers trailing the lights, they burned under your touch. It was the kind of place you knew Namjoon would love. The image of him smiling with the lights shining behind him brought tears to your eyes.

"How have you been?" Jimin asked. "We've been keeping up with your new pieces and shows. I can't believe you went to London to perform."

"I've been well, thank you. As much as I can be at least. And look who's talking? You went to Billboard." you exclaimed.

"I hope we win something our music soon, not just popularity." Yoongi sighed.

"You will, the new album is so amazing." you point out. The boys always took parts in writing and producing their own music and that's one of the reasons why they're so great. And Love Yourself;Her is intertwined to some deep storyline that even you can't keep up with. Though while you were at the company, you heard of something like that in the works.

"Thanks, Namjoon hyung worked really hard on it." Jimin said, then covered his mouth. You shook your head.

"It's okay. You don't have to censor yourself because of me." you said quietly. "I never got to apologize to you guys, I didn't think it would end like this."

"It's not your fault," Yoongi said. "We all have personas that we hide behind. I use Agust D and Namjoon has RM. The only problem was that you believed he would like Sugarplum more than the real you. No, it wasn't like that at all. Namjoon was head over heels for you."

"And he still is." Jimin commented. It made you raise an eyebrow but then you lowered your head to look at your feet. Red marks appeared from where the heels hugged them tightly.

"I doubt it. He said he never wants to see me again."

"And he said he wouldn't write a love song ever again and look at the album." Yoongi said loudly. "Her was for you, Y/N."

Her, your favorite song on the album. The way he rap was like the ocean with fresh breezes, you can listen to it all day.

"You're his wonder." Jimin stated.

You chuckled. "I'm also his tear."