Chapter 24

"What are you going to do from now on?" Adora asked. She just got home from the studio and stopped by a chicken restaurant to take carry out. You offered to pay but she slapped your hand playfully.

"Minyoung offered me a position at the school. I could still do some administrative work. Or I could teach. The possibilities are endless." you answered. The crunch of the chicken filling your mouth, occasionally you two would pretend that you're in a chicken commercial.

"Or you could come back to the company." she suggested. You could tell that she loves the place, even her hair color changed. And being the only female producer now, she has a lot of pressure on her back. You're confident that she could do what the men could do, and even better. For one thing, she's a damn good singer.

"That's a funny joke."

"It's not." she emphasized. "P.D said he wants you to come back."

You shook your head a little. "Even if he did, it's not solely up to him." you pointed out. Her shoulders dropped in defeat. She missed having her friend around, it gets lonely when the boys had their schedule.

"I know. But he'll come around eventually."

"If you were him, would you have forgiven me?" you asked. And when she said nothing, you took that as point proven. You wouldn't forgive yourself either. But it's time that you forgive yourself and move on. He should take how ever long he wants, you no longer want to burden yourself with trying to make up to someone who won't listen.

In the morning, Adora offered to take you to the school but you declined. You would take the bus instead, for fresh air, you told her. "Be careful," she warned. "It can be dangerous in this part of the city."

"Alright, eomma." you chuckled. She was a little bit offended but to you, it was funny and bitter. Your own mother wouldn't tell you to be careful. In fact, she had wanted to sell you off purely for reputation. Good thing you'll never see her again. The bus ride was uneventful for the most part, it took about an hour but at least you had music with you. Your headphones were filled with his voice and singing. Every time you hear his songs, it amazed you how much talent he has.

The roads inhabited hundreds of cars going back and forth from destinations to the next. Their lives never stop. They all have stories to tell, including yourself. Would a stranger believe the life you live. Would he ever believe you. You past by an advertisement of him with VT Cosmetic and you were in awe of how pretty he is, his smile which you haven't seen in so long outshined the product.

Minyoung stood in front of the gates to welcome you. "You didn't have to come all the way out here." you told her.

"I would have driven you myself if you had told me." she said, embracing you endearingly. At times like these, you wish she was your mother instead. Unknowingly, tears began to soak up her shoulder. "Sweetie, don't cry." she whispered, caressing your head.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy that you offered me this job."

"Y/N, this school wouldn't have been possible without you. You should have my job instead." she chuckled. You saw the shadows under her eyes. The money that your parents took out must have stressed her out. The school would do fine with the recent donations from some secret donors, but you wonder how long that would last.

"No, no. I trust you to make this place the best that it can be for the students."

"Speaking of which, let's head inside before they all get here." Minyoung had set up a rough studio for you which doubles as your office to handle the paperwork and space where you can give lessons to the students. For today, there was already a long list of students who signed up for your lessons. The list remains the same length or even longer as time went by. By the second week of working there, your sole job was being a tutor. You didn't mind since the students all had sparkles in their eyes every time they entered her room. It brought joy to your world.

The commute also became normal. It was one of the best parts of your days, to ride on the bus and seeing the city. Today felt a little off, for one thing, it was a new bus driver and there was no one else on the bus aside from you. He also missed a turn but you didn't say anything, everyone makes mistakes. Though you grew more nervous as the roads turned more narrow and city buildings seemed to be fading behind you. You pulled on the string to signal that you wanted to get off several times, but the driver kept his foot on the gas pedal.

"Sir, I need to get off, please." you called out. The mirror in front of the bus showed that he wasn't looking at you. "Sir." you said again, this time standing up to walk to him. He then slammed on the brakes, causing you to fall down on the floor. Your elbow felt pain, it'll leave a bruise for sure.

The doors slid open and a group of men in masks entered. They didn't have weapons but their bodies showed that they were more than capable of handling their target, and in this case, it was you. You tried to back away from them, only to find that you were surrounded on both sides. The bus driver closed the door and looked away.

"What do you want?" you asked, voice cracking. The men said nothing and took a step closer. "I have money in my purse, just let me get it-" One foot stomped down hard on your stomach, knocking the air out of you. It only got worse then. Someone pulled you up and the other punched your face left and right until blood came out. You felt your stomach bruising with every kick. Your visions began to be blurry, but the beating wasn't stopping any time soon. There wasn't a part of you that wasn't covered in blood. They let your body fall down hard and with one last laugh, stomped on your left hand.

The pain was indescribable. Your bones felt like they shattered as if they were made of fragile glass. You couldn't feel anything except for the burning tears on your cheeks. "Maybe listen to your parents next time." one man said. Your visions blackened as your body was lifted and tossed outside like a piece of paper.