Chapter 15

Ever since the date at the museum, there was an invisible wall between you two. It became more awkward than before, mainly because of you. When you see him in the hallway, you walk the other way. Sometimes you would tell Adora to go get your food so you wouldn't see him in the kitchen. Your replies to his text messages became short and scarce. It was incredibly selfish of you to do this to him after getting his hopes up. But the pit in your stomach grew with every passing moment. Whatever you do will hurt him, it's a matter of doing the least amount of damage.

He's calling right now and based on the time, he was at the studio, down the hall from yours. Your hand stretched to reach for it, but halted before you could press any button. It went to voicemail, all 5 of his calls did. You were surprised he hadn't pounded on your door. Maybe he sensed that something was off and he should leave you alone.

But a few seconds later, there was a knock on the door. It was not Namjoon, it was someone a little bit shorter and with healthier hair. He pouted his lips and looked at you with wide eyes that held the galaxy. It caught you off guard and you couldn't form any words. He continued to stare and lips trembled. "Jungkook, I don't know what you want but I will give you everything." you said in a state of trance.

"Namjoonie hyung is sad right now and I don't like it," the baby whined. "Please fix him."

"Jungkook, I don't know how I would do that." you told him honestly.

"You don't need to do anything, you just need to be with him. He needs you right now." It pained Jungkook to say these things because despite knowing that his hyung is in trouble, he can't do anything to fix it and he hates that. Right now, he would do what he can and that's bringing the person who can help.

You shook your head. "No, he doesn't. Being with me will just complicate things more."

Jungkook frowned. It made no sense to him because when he sees you two together, it's such a magical thing and he loves how much Namjoon smiles around you. "I don't know what's hard about being together when I know you both like each other," he sighed. There's a kind of chemistry that's unmatch and comes once in a lifetime. You know that, so don't run away from it. Just talk to him, please." Jungkook begged quietly. You could tell how much he loves Namjoon, and all of his other hyungs. There's a piece of all of them in his heart.

"Alright. I'll go see him." you nodded.

"Thank you, noona." he smiled and headed towards his newly built studio, Golden Closet. You made a quick stop at the kitchen and headed to his studio with mugs of coffee. You knocked with your foot. There was no answer.

"Namjoon, it's me." you called out and right away, the door swung open. Namjoon was about to tackle you in a hug but noticed the mugs. He let you inside to set the mugs down and once you were done, he slid his arms around your waist and hug you from behind. It knocked your breath away for a second. He didn't want to let you go.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked quietly. "I haven't seen you in so long. Please tell me what happened."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Joon. It's all me." you said, the tears were already coming out. He gasped and spun you around. His expression softened as he cupped your cheeks.

"My Y/N, what's wrong?" he asked.

You couldn't bring yourself to look at him. "I'm sorry, Namjoon. I'm sorry for everything."

"What are you talking about?" He was getting nervous and was worried that he had seriously messed everything up.

"I can't do this any longer. We. We shouldn't do this any longer. It'll only hurt us in the long run." you said. Every cell in your body was fighting the urge to just hug him and cry.

"No, no. Y/N, I promise that I will do anything in my power to protect you. You're the only one I want to be with. Please, what we have is so great and amazing, we shouldn't let this go."

"It's because it's so great that I'm terrified." you sobbed. "It's like a symphony, one wrong note will ruin it. Namjoon, this was a mistake from the beginning. One mishap and we'll both burn."

"My feelings for you aren't mistakes and they never will be." he said sternly. "I know you're scared and so am I. I hate being vulnerable but around you, I can't help but shred the walls I built for myself. You let the light into my world. Please continue to do that for me." His thumb gently wiped the tears away and you had calmed down at this point. He bit his lips and stared at yours. Unknowingly you closed your eyes and waited. Namjoon leaned in closer. Thoughts went while in your mind. It would be so easy to just let it happen and let the pieces fall into place. But your eyes shot your eyes open and pushed him away.

"I'm sorry. I can't." You went back to your studio and grabbed your stuff and ran for your car. On the way, you bumped into Yoongi and Seokjin. They didn't get a chance to ask what's wrong before you left the building. They looked at each other and rushed to Namjoon's studio. He was still in the same position as before, but his shoulders dropped and he was about to cry.

"Yo, are you okay?" Yoongi asked, patting Namjoon's back. The younger still didn't move. His gaze moved to the coffee mugs that was still steaming hot.

"Did something happen with Y/N?" Seokjin asked.

"I don't know, hyung." Namjoon said quietly, shaking his head. "I don't know anymore." His knees gave out and he landed on the floor. He buried his face into his hands. Both his hyungs knelt beside him and leaned his head on their shoulders. He finally let the tears out. "I just want to be with her. Why is it so hard?"