Chapter 35

He wouldn't let go of your hand, you've been attached to him since you met him at the dorm this morning and drive him to the airport while the boys rode with manager Sejin. He actually begged you to take more of the boys so he could have some quiet time but Namjoon denied the request, saying that he wanted to spend as much time with you as he could before leaving.

"One week will come and go." you reminded him. The boys would have some days off to relax before going to the Grammy and doing countless interviews. It didn't help, he was still pouting.

"You're gonna forget me." he said bluntly. You hit his shoulder lightly.

"You're so dumb. Do you now realize you're the most sought out male idol to date like ever? Or that you're literally everywhere, on posters, TV, and also my cell phone and cell phone case?"

"Are those all the reasons?" he asked.

"Yes." you answered. You couldn't hide the grin when he frowned and looked out the window. "I love you too, you big baby." He cheered went back to jamming to Blackpink. Once you got closer to the airport the screaming began. Traveling was like a fashion show. The boys got out of the van and waited patiently for their leader to join them. You told him to go while you park the car but he shook his head, not wanting to leave you alone in the midst of chaos.

So the fans saw you two together. It was the first official public appearance. Sometimes when you went grocery shopping together, some fans snapped photos to post on Twitter. Camera flashes went crazy and people began to cheer and shout. You could make out a few statements about how handsome Namjoon looks or how you look great with your new hair. He finally lets go of your hand for a few seconds to pose with the boys while you stood by the manager. But like magnets, his hand found yours again and he swung it up and down.

"Are you sure you can't go with me though? I'll miss you so much." he said once the team reached the security checkpoint.

"Yes, Joonie. I have a lot of work at the studio and the school," you told him. "But we'll call each and video chat as often as we can, okay?"

"Alright." he sighed. You hoped he would sleep on the plane peacefully. After releasing Love Yourself: Tear, their busy schedule somehow got more hectic with promotions and more rehearsals. That momentum continued with Map of the Soul: Persona. The album, as usual, received positive feedback and you also got to see blond Namjoon, the eighth wonder of the world. You had to fight to urge to cling onto him whenever it looks like someone was eyeing him, which is constantly because it's Kim Namjoon. "I love you," he said after giving you a quick kiss.

"I love you too." You watched as he and the boys disappeared behind the crowds. Your heart felt tight by not being near him but then he sent you a message. Send me a selfie every day or else I will explode. You replied then drove home, packing your own bags.

***

Namjoon forced the smile on his face, it was the fifth time someone had asked him the same question over and over again. And every time, he would exhale slowly and explain as best as he could without getting annoyed. Sometimes it didn't work and his passive-aggressive side would come out. Eventually, he gave up and let the boys say random things and being as loud as they wanted to. Namjoon hated interviews but they gave him something to do.

When they first arrived, they were let loose to do whatever but Namjoon found himself staying in the hotel mostly to work on new songs. He couldn't call you because of the time difference and he didn't want you to lose sleep because of him. So the texting became less frequent. It wasn't the ideal situation and when he misses you dearly, he would look at his photos of you and with you. He was very thankful that you had your own fansites. Your beauty never failed to take his breath away.

He was getting ready for the Grammy Museum interview. It was a big deal to them not just because of the implications, but the questions would actually be meaningful rather than their favorite food or celebrity crush. Fans lined up respectfully on both sides of the entrance, holding up signs and Namjoon laughed inhumanely loud when he saw one of him running for president. He walked down the hallway behind the boys and found himself in awe of the great musicians that had stepped foot inside this building. He felt truly blessed to be here with his family, though he wish you were here to share the joy.

The boys took their respective seats while the host came out to greet them and the audience. It was a live recording, as much as he's used to the cameras, he's still afraid of messing up and having you witness any unfortunate accidents. But you would be asleep right now, he thought to himself in disappointment.

The hosts began introducing the boys and one by one, they did their usual greetings. The phrase translator of the group naturally stuck to Namjoon even though he knew the boys were more than capable of answering questions for themselves. Some questions were asked about future collaborations or the evolution of Bangtan's sound and message. Namjoon were glad to have these questions and answered them honestly.

"What are some artists you've been finding inspirations from?" the host asked.

"RM." Jungkook and Jimin said at the same time, but then glared at each other because they knew no one can love Namjoon as much as they do. It was an intense staring contest while the others answered.

"For me, it's Sugarplum." Namjoon answered and there was a chorus of "aw" coming from the audience.

"Sugarplum? I believe she's also your girlfriend, correct?"

"Yes sir. My Y/N." He looked down at his feet and grin. "She's so passionate about everything she does, whether it's her music or ours. There's this sparkle of determination whenever she's working and I get lost in her eyes. She's truly amazing. Even with the condition of her hand, she didn't give up and she was actually the sound of the violin in Outro: Tear. She didn't want the credit on the album but many loyal fans already figured it out."

"A brilliant track, by the way." the host added. "I can tell by the way you talk about her that she means a lot to you."

"She's everything to me. My songs are about her. The air I breathe revolves around her. Her mind is something I'll never get tired of exploring."

"I've actually listened to a few of her pieces and they're absolutely stunning. She's very talented and I hope you both well. And to all of you, good luck tonight at the Grammy, I hope you bring an award back to Korea."

"Thank you!" Namjoon exclaimed. Now he really wished you were watching the broadcast to hear what music Grammy critics said about your music, it would make you happy. And it did make you very happy as you arrived at the hotel. There wasn't any time to rest, the stylists had already begun their work.