One Year Flys By

I giggle as the joker laughed.

"I told you it would be that easy." Joker says as Harley throws herself at him.

"Your getting better and better each day, Blue Jay." Catwoman says winking at me.

"I do try." I say to her.

We walk into the warehouse and the joker just signed.

"What's wrong Puddin?" Harley asks.

The joker pulls out the newspaper from his jacket. He throws it at me and I open it up.

WHERE IS BATMAN?

I look up at the Joker and shrug my shoulders.

"Less work for me."

"I agree. Because Batman is gone, we can do what we want." The Scarecrow says.

The joker shakes his head. "I kinda miss Bats."

I look down at the newspaper again and see another headline on the front page.

BRUCE WAYNE HOSTS FIRST CHARITY EVENT SINCE WIFE, CHRISSY JAMES TURNED CRAZY BLUE JAY.

I look at the picture and see a tired man. No longer clean cut and clean shaven man. I've kept my eye on Bruce Wayne. I have a feeling for him. The public says I'm his wife but I don't understand, I don't remember being married to the richest man in Gotham. I've had these dreams though, good dreams and bad dreams.

"No star could amount to the beauty which is you. No star will shine bright than you. Not one star, will shine as bright as for when you walk into a room, you will light it up in anyway, way better than a star ever could."

I shake the feeling I've had for the past few months. The feeling of loving this man. But I don't know him... do I?

"Are you going to join us for some more trouble tonight?" Catwomen says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um-" I look at the picture of Bruce Wayne. "No I think I'll just relax tonight."

"Whatever, suit yourself."

I find that I have to hide myself from the public. People hide in fear, plus I'm on the police radar. I'd rather not get questioned, And caught.

Lucky for me, this charity event is a masquerade ball. I pull my mask on my face as I get out of the car and enter Wayne manner. People are chatting and drinking as the rich of the rich rub elbows.

I look around the room for someone, I'm not sure who.

I sneak away from the crowd and wander around the manner. I've seen this place in my dreams. Which is kinda weird because this place burnt to the ground about a year ago. As I walk through the halls, I feel as if I know where I'm going.

I open the door and enter the library. The fire burns in the front of the room and a red chair sits next to it. Books are everywhere and paper is thrown on a desk. Suddenly the door opens behind me and the tired man stands there, with a cane holding himself up.

"Hello." Is all he says.

I watch him as he narrows his eyes at me. The moonlight shines through the window.

I feel that feeling again. As if I know him...

"Why are you here, the party is in the main area." He shifts on his cane.

"I got lost." I say.

Bruce looks at me for a moment and he limbs closer to me.

"It's you." He says, "why, have you come?"

"What?" I ask.

"I know it's you Chrissy." He sighs.

I look at him from under my mask, for the stupid party.

"I don't know why I came." I say, my voice cracking. "I've had this feeling for a long time. But I don't understand it."

"What feeling?" He asks me.

"Uh, the feeling-" I stop and think, "that we have something, I don't know. I was hoping you'd help me."

"But I already have."

I look at him, giving him a questionable look.

"Let me show you."

Bruce walks towards the piano and plunks a few keys. A bookcase opens and he turns to me. I raise my eyebrows and watch the shelf turn and Bruce limps his way into the hidden room.

He leads me down into a cold damp cave looking thing. He makes his way towards a desk and I stand by the elevator which we came down in. I watch as he turns a button and a case opens up from the wet floor not far from him.

"Come." Bruce says again.

I hesitate. For all I know this man could kill me. But...

My eyes drift to a cot that's stained with blood. I squeeze my hands together as a thought goes through my fuzzy mind.

Bruce lies in the cot, bleeding from a gun shot wound. He thinks he'll be fine in a few days. I think otherwise.
"You still haven't given up on me?" He asks smiling.
"Never in a million years." I smile down at him.

I blink my eyes a few times and watch the memory fade.

Bruce steps over a few steps as the case opens. I slowly make my way towards him, feeling like a lost, scared child. He looks over his shoulder and grins at me.

"I'm taking a risk here." Bruce says.

"In what way?" I ask.

"By showing you this."

Suddenly once the case fully opens I see him. His suit. Batman's suit. With Bruce next to it, I see it's him. My eyes grow wide and I'm shocked for a moment. But another memory ones to me.

"Bruce?" My voice cracks and I start to shake.

"Chrissy." Bat- I mean Bruce says in his normal voice, no longer using his rough Batman voice.

"Bruce Wayne, the billion dollar playboy, is Gotham's beacon of hope, the dark knight, Batman." I say nodding my head. Bruce stiffs a chuckle.

"The hero and the villain, fall in love without knowing who they are at night." Bruce says smiling softly. I look up at him and bust into laugher.

I gasp for a minute as a gleam of hope shines in Bruce's eyes. I shake that feeling again as something kicks in, in my head again.

"Oh your dead now." I grin, knowing who Batman is.