Epilogue

A/N: The ending gets a bit steamy (just a little~), read at your own risk!!!

Song: Shall we? - CHEN (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

'Come into my arms, I'll hold you tight. Please don't hide anything my dear, come to me just the way you are.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I stood outside the antique wooden door with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a bottle of white wine in another, Jongdae standing by my side as I breathed in and out nervously. Freeing one hand, I combed through my hair another time to make sure it wasn't messy. I wanted to look presentable today.

No, I have to look presentable for a good first impression.

"Are you ready?" Jongdae eyed me from the side, smiling because he could tell that I was nervous. I nodded, looking back at him. He stepped forward to reach for the doorbell and I just had to stop him before he did.

"WAIT!" I gasped, my body tensing up because of the anxiety pulling at my legs. Jongdae turned to look at me again and I let out another sigh. "Do I really look okay? Am I pale? Maybe I should touch up my make up or-"

"-You look fine," he interrupted my string of blabber in a calm voice, but that didn't calm me down. Of all times, I couldn't trust his words today. As I frowned nervously to myself, Jongdae held my hand to comfort me. "Don't worry, you'll like them," he said to assure me, but he doesn't get the point.

The point is - what if they don't like me?

It was the first time ever Jongdae brought me to his hometown and the purpose was to pay a visit to his parents. One fine day he decided that it was time to introduce me as his girlfriend to his mom and dad and I immediately agreed, initially feeling excited to meet the parents who had raised this amazing man. I am regretting a little now, though.

A lot of negative thoughts clouded my mind like, what if they don't like me? What if they think I'm not the one for him? What if I can't meet the high expectations they have for me?

I want to be the best they can ever imagine his girlfriend to be, or even better. I want to assure them that I am the one for Jongdae, that I can make him happy for the rest of his life and take care of him so that they wouldn't have to worry. Would they be able to feel my genuine sincerity?

WILL THEY LIKE ME?

I sniffed while rummaging through these scary thoughts as Jongdae looked back at me innocently. He had no idea that the weight on my shoulders was heavier than the world at this moment.

"Okay, I'm ready." I exhaled, deciding that it was my battle to win and I don't need Jongdae's concern or help. If they like me, they like me. If they don't, then... I will just have to make them like me. Once again, my anxiety continued to drill into me as I watched Jongdae ring the doorbell for real this time.

I gulped hard as I waited for them to open, and it didn't even take seconds. Seemed like they were already expecting us. The door swung outwards, and I first saw a middle-aged lady with crinkles at the corner of her smiley eyes, greeting us warmly. "You're here! Hello!"

This must be Jongdae's mother because his sparkly crescent eyes completely resembled her's. Standing cooly behind her was a man looking a few years older, and one look at his features I could tell that it was his father. His Father also has a defined jawline and high cheekbones, handsome just like Jongdae.

I mean Jongdae is handsome like his father. Hehe.

I greeted them back, flashing my brightest ladylike smile. "Hello auntie, hello uncle! Nice to meet you! I-I-I'm Rosie," I stuttered by accident, hating how the nervousness was ruining my confidence.