Happy Birthday, Cap!

Let's just pretend IW and Endgame didn't happen and Tony and Steve are friends and everyone is happy and well, okay? Okay.

Steven Grant Rogers woke up later than usual, instead of waking up to his alarm at 6:00 am. He rolled onto his side and looked at the clock beside his bed that said 10:17 am.

He jumped up and out of bed and hurried into his bathroom to get ready for the day.

10 minutes later...

Steve arrived at the kitchen and was confused at how nobody was there. He looked around and saw a little card on the kitchen counter.

Dear Mr. Rogers,

We have your fellow teammates at gunpoint. Arrive at [Location} with an intention to surrender yourself at exactly before 6 pm today or your friends will pay the price.

ps. We will know if you tell anyone, so don't. Or we won't wait for you.

Steve straightened up and immediately asked FRIDAY if the card was accurate at his friends well beings when FRIDAY failed to answer.

So he sighed and got dressed in his uniform, heading out to save his friends.

-----

12 pm...

"Peter, Mr. Rogers is now approximately 2 minutes away from our destination."

"Thanks, FRI! Okay, everyone! Steve will be here really soon! Put on the last touches and hide!" Peter yelled out as everyone started scrambling around to finish putting food on plates and American flags on the walls.

"He's downstairs! Hide!" Peter yelled once again, shutting off the lights.

-----

Steve was confused once again. He was downstairs of the place the card told him to go to. He looked from the card to the sign above his head.

Florence Party Room

Huh? Why would they keep them hostage in a party room?

Steve went in the shield in hand and walked up to the stairs. Once he got there, he took a deep breath and kicked open the door.

It was dark, and as much as he could tell, empty.

"SSUUURRPPRRIISSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Steve jumped, shield over his body, fist stretched out.

Noticing no violence, he slowly lowered his shield to see all the Avengers in front of him, taking pictures and smiling like maniacs.

He let out a breath and laughed.

"Guys, you didn't have to do this. Thank you." He blushed, eyes shining bright.

"Of course we had to! You would have done the same for us, Uncle Steve!" Peter said excitedly, handing him a plate and pointing to the buffet table.

Steve took the plate into his hands and looked around the large room, noticing ribbons and streamers hanging from the ceiling in both red and blue. White stars taped on the red walls and mini American flag toothpicks on all the finger foods. A big pile of presents in one corner and a cake that had his face on it in the other.

-----

The night consisted of games and photoshoots, drinking and dancing and of course, fireworks.

It wouldn't be a party without fireworks of his face.

-----

Hi!!! Happy independence day to fellow Americans!! hope you all liked this chapter! And to let you envision what the party would be like...