Not enough (NSFW)

Brett's older brother tried to zip the luggage. One he put together for his younger brother to use. Pushing hard, to keep in the overflowing mountain of clothes, he pressed it with his whole body weight.

"Lend me a hand in here, Brett!" He said to his younger brother who just watched him struggle with the thing.

Brett sat on the bed. He just looked at him, not moving an inch. His older brother packed his clothes for him, same for the plane tickets he gave him yesterday, he knew what it was for, but he doesn't want to use it.

The older Yang sighed. He stood up, the moment he did the luggage case sprung open, made the mountain of clothes to spill over. He walked toward his brother, stepped over the mess he made, and sat beside him. "It's just a 'just in case', Brett."

Brett looked down to his knees, to hide the fact that his eyes were starting to water. "So, it crossed your mind that this will never work out, huh?" He said, his voice slightly unstable.

Again the older Yang sighed. He put his arms around his younger brother. He had plenty to say, but no words come out for him.

"That I'd just run away with Eddy... but I don't want to leave you and mom..." Still looking down. Brett trembled. "You said you'll help me convince her."

"Brett... you know I did, right?" He said. "It's just..."

"Not enough." Brett finished his sentence.

The older Yang squeezed Brett's shoulder. Yeah, what they did was not enough, not enough for their mother.

Brett tried to understand, what went wrong, what happened why their efforts are invalid. How could he forget about that? He called himself dumb.

He bit his lip. Tried harder to not let the tears fall. It's not his brother's fault. He tried his best. If there was someone to blame, it's himself, Brett.

He let go from his brother's arms. He heard his call for him but he didn't pay any heed for he ran.

It was raining. Brett knew when he was already wet as he ran away from home.

He ran through people with umbrellas shielding them from the wet and cold of the rain. He ran through the sidewalks were slippery, puddled with the sky water. He ran to anywhere his feet would take him, ignoring the pain.

He ran for it seem hours but only to arrive at a thought that he was frivolous. Brett thought he was running aimlessly but he's not. He arrived at a familiar gate, a familiar house, a familiar scenery.

---

Chen-mama answered the door when someone knocked on it furiously. It was Brett, wet with the rain.

The instant the door opened, Brett rushed into Eddy's room. Not thinking about anything or anyone. Not minding the fact that he made a mess of the flooring with the soaking wet clothes and slippery slippers that he wore. He just wanted to see him.

It's good weather for sleeping as it was raining. The room was in low light. Only the night light was on. Eddy just got out of the washroom from washing his face, he's ready to turn in for the day. He was startled when the door suddenly swung open. He turned around to see who it was, he saw Brett.

Brett entered the room in a rush, closed the door behind him as he did. He ran to Eddy. Hugged him.

His lover was wet all over, cold to the touch, trembled lightly, sobbed quietly. Eddy wrapped his arms around him. He tried to give him as much warmth as he can for Brett won't let go of him, to change out of his clothes or to stop his crying. His head rested on Brett's, kissing his hair. He knew why he's like this. He wanted to cry too, but he held them in. They stayed like that for a few moments until Brett's cries started to lower down. Eddy spoke, "We can get through this, Brett." He reassured him.