Comeback video

The sun's far gone now and he just arrived. Eddy got stuck in traffic because the usual route he goes through got blocked by a vehicular accident and the detour route was jam-packed. There was a mall construction on-going there. Concrete mixers took most of the narrow road and... Eddy didn't want to think about it anymore.

Upon opening the front door, quiet snores greeted him. It lit his face up. It took away the tiredness of the body and madness of the mind.

Brett was asleep on the couch. The sleeping man had his mouth slightly open and had crooked glasses on his face. His head rests on the armrest, 'He might get a stiff neck again,' Eddy thought.

He walked to him, kneeled beside the man. Held the ring-clad hand that rests on his side with the same ring-clad his. Eddy kissed Brett's shoulder and said, "I love you," then rested his head there.

Eddy's hold on the hand tightened. 'Brett's been waiting for me, ' he thought. He smiled through the fabric of his lover's clothes and mumbled, "Let's get married, Brett."

He didn't know if Brett heard him but he's sure he waked him up. Without saying anything, Eddy kissed the clothed shoulder again.

Brett moved his free hand to adjust his glasses, the one he forgot to take off. He squeezed Eddy's hand that held his. Brett kissed his lover's hair and quietly whispered, "Have you eaten yet?"

Eddy looked up to meet Brett's eyes and shook his head.

He ran his free hand through Eddy's hair. He smiled, "Come, let's."

---

One afternoon.

He mustered all the courage he had, Eddy, determined, his mind set on. He announced.

"Mom, I want to marry Brett."

Yang-mama almost spat out her drink when she heard her son said those words. In both shock and confusion, she said, shaking, "What are you sa-- aren't you two together now?" Not knowing how, but she did put the glass she was holding cleanly on the coffee table in front of her.

Eddy shook his head.

"Ha? Then why are you telling me this?" She adjusted her seat on the sofa. Put a throw pillow behind her as a cushion.

He took a deep breath, "Again," with a smile he said, "we'll start preparing for the wedding again."

The next day, the couple went to the organizer's office.

---

"Good morning, how may I help you today?" The lady greeted as the familiar two entered her office.

The couple helped themselves to the seats. Brett pushed the pile of paper work at his side of the table. It was indeed still a mess of an office, but the fact that they are back means only one thing.

"Are you gonna give us a discount?" Brett asked, looking at the lady organizer on her way to serve them coffee.

"Only if you'd agree to roses, Mr. Yang," she joked.

Eddy snickered at that.

---

It's been a long time since they played a duet, moreover to do it live. The promised live stream from before their hiatus started was granted. Now, they were near the end of their Bach double.

After the last note resonated, a flood of comments covered their screen, (as if it weren't flooded before) as Brett glanced to the laptop that rests on the table of the "office." Brett sat down first on their usual spot while Eddy adjusts the camera. The audience heard chuckling and mumbling of the two as the camera feeds back blurry and unfocused frames of Brett reading the comments.

Brett gave Eddy a thumbs up, signed him to sit beside him as now the camera was fixed. And Eddy did so.

It was Eddy that talked first, "We missed you guys!" he smiled and waved to the camera and Brett did the same. "We're so sorry that our break took a year," apologetic faced Eddy said.

"We were so busy before that's why we took a break," Brett said in a serious tone, "but the break extended for a whole different reason." He glanced at Eddy, and he answered with a small nod. His eyes went back to the camera and he continued, "I've been in an accident and... it had serious aftermath."

The comments section was bombed with worry and concern from their fans. Some guessed what happened while others asked. Brett smiled as he read some.

"I won't go into details, " Brett gulped down and Eddy put a hand on his shoulder, "but after the accident, I had..." he contemplated whether to tell it all, chose not to, "...lost my ability to play the violin."

Before the mood got completely sour, Brett turned to his side, to Eddy. With both his hands framed the taller's face he said, "But here's Eddy!"

Eddy showed a toothy smile upon hearing his name and turned to Brett, "I re-teached the violin to Brett, " he said. "You guys heard the Bach double earlier, eh?" Eddy turned to the camera, "Sounds great right? That's how great of a teacher I am!" The two boys laughed at that.

The live stream continued, they answered some questions and played requests from the fans.

Eddy was about to end the video when Brett said, "As the person who binged watched all of our videos, I know we were forgetting something." He smiled at his lover's direction.

Confused to what was that, Eddy let Brett continue.

Brett looked at him in the eyes and held Eddy's hand that rested on the table. He squeezed it a little and beamed him another smile.

With soft eyes, Eddy turned to Brett and returned the smile. Brett was truly precious to him and it was a good thing that now that he can look back at Brett as much as he wanted to.

And as if on cue they faced the camera at the same time, and Brett said,

"Guys, we're getting married."

And the fans went wild.