Nicknames

Brett had been sometimes an odd one, weird even. There are things he did in certain ways that some people can't comprehend why. Like there was no logic behind it or whatsoever.

Eddy was a perfectly normal guy, aside from the fact that he blushes too much, can't pretty much get how cooking works, yeah he's normal.

---

"Where do you plan to stay?" Chen-papa asked Eddy. His eyes turned to his son as he was slicing his food to bite-size pieces.

Lunchtime at the Chen residence. After that the Yangs formally asked for Eddy's hand in marriage, true, Eddy was the girlfriend, there were still important things left to discuss. Like this one.

Eddy cleared his throat. "We... We decided to get a house of our own." He licked his lips. "We'll stay at the Yangs while we don't have one yet."

"Why not stay here?" Asked Chen-papa.

"Umm..." Eddy looked down to his food.

Chen-mama turned to her husband. "Pa, it's Eddy who will marry into Brett's family." She poured herself a glass of water. "It's normal." Drank it.

He sighed, shook his head and turned back to his food. "So, you'll be Eddy Yang?" Chen-papa questioned, eyeing him.

"Yes."

---

Brett opened his closet. Stared intently on its contents. Clothes. It was fully packed even the articles are nicely arranged. Not all are his possessions though.

"We'll need more closet space," Brett said to himself, with a grunt he reached for the top of the clothes pile.

Brett picked out the articles he doesn't really use anymore. Forgotten shirts that he didn't even realize that he had, pants that are not his size anymore, overused favorite shirts turned into pajamas, ugly Christmas sweaters, and jumpers.

Holding a piece of clothing, "Ugh! I used to wear these?" He said disgustedly to his past self that liked those Christmas sweaters.

There was a knock on the door, though it was open. He turned his attention there.

"What are you doing?" Brett's older brother asked he leaned on the door frame.

"Clearing my closet." Another grunt, as he lifted the pile of clothes he removed from the closet. "For when Eddy lives in here."

"You two won't be staying here for long though." The older Yang glanced to the bed, shook his head. "Even so, you'll still be needing a new bed." He said with a smirk.

---

Brett's older brother went with the couple to the coffee shop. As his clinic was near the said place. He won some cash from a bet with his mom before, he decided to treat them.

They were talking about nonsensical stuff until they arrived at a slightly intriguing yet another nonsensical stuff.

"I know it's too late to ask this but," the older Yang took a sip of his coffee, "do you have pet names or such?"

"..." Never sure why they don't have nicknames for each other, Eddy eyed his boyfriend. "Ask Brett."

"We don't," Brett answered, not even looking at him, scrolling through Instagram.

Doctor Yang let out a small laugh. "Why though? All couples have one." He leaned on the table, to Brett's direction. "Even mom and dad used to have one."

Eddy's eyes, now curious, gaze still locked at Brett as he waited for his answer.

Brett sighed. He put down his phone on the table, faced his brother and said, "I just don't want Eddy to moan things other than my name."

The older Yang almost cried laughing while Eddy covered his face with both of his hands, his blush crept up to his ears.

Brett really knows no shame.