Incoming turned missed call

Few days prior.

His mind was swirling with thoughts, day in and day out since the news hit him. It was exhausting, to think that he, himself, Eddy was the cause. To keep himself from thinking, Eddy took a shower.

It's been long since he slept in his own room, let alone to be alone, for he happened to be, for the past months,  nesting on Brett's.

Brett.

Eddy bit his lip. 'Fuck it.'

He turned the knob of the shower, to turn it off. He'd been standing too long under the rain of cold water that his fingertips were wrinkled. He grabbed the towel on the rack and dried himself, then turned to the mirror to look at his image.

There, he saw himself, with puffy red eyes from crying all night long. His chest and neck were littered with bites and hickeys that his lover made the last time he topped. Eddy's lips trembled by the sight. How come his world turned upside down by a mere--

Eddy's phone rang. A sound he saved for a special caller. Unmoving, he let the sound end by its own. The tone repeated for three times until it stopped.

The incoming call was now a one missed call.

He let out a large exhale, a breath he didn't know he held, and before he knew it, he was catching his breath. Eddy ran to his closet, opened it, grabbed the first set of clothes he saw.

The black suit that hanged properly inside the closet caught his eyes. Black velvet with silk details. Eddy stared longingly at the article, his trembling hand ran through the fabric. His eyes began to water. Hard laborious breaths came, and before he breaks down and cry again he grabbed his set of clothes. Changed into them and stormed off of his room.

-

Brett lowered down his phone from his ear. The person didn't answer his call. He stood still in the middle of the living room as he gathered his thoughts as his hold to his phone tightened. He then took a deep breath.

"Where's Eddy?" He asked.

She put the bag she carried down on the floor. The bag was full of clothes, both hers and Brett's, they just got home from the hospital. It took her a while before she answered, "He's back at his folks."

Not turning around to meet his mother's eyes, he asked another question, "Why didn't he tell me?"

"Brett..."

In an unusually calm voice, Brett repeated, "Why didn't he tell me?" he licked his lips, they tremble slightly. "I'll listen, " he gulped down, "even it hurts, I'll listen."

Yang-mama hugged his son from behind. "He'll come back, Brett," her embrace tightened, with a shaky voice she continued, "he'll come back for sure..."

"He better be," Brett's voice hurt, "because we still have to get married."

This time his shoulders shook too. This time his tears fell too.