Hawthorn flakes

"When do you guys plan on getting married?" Asked his sister as she chewed on her snack. Hawthorn flakes. That shit tastes weird, why that is her favorite? Why does she even eat that?

"Well... Uhh..." Eddy adjusted on his seat, "We haven't talked about it again... Yet..." he cleared his throat, eyes averted her gaze.

She smirked, "Yeah," put another piece of candy on her mouth, "just remember," she chewed, "you're the one who canceled it," with an eyebrow raised and pointing the half-eaten roll of the candy to him.

---

Brett sighed.

Looking down on his hand as he played on his ring. He twisted it between his fingers, letting the inside of the ring tug on his skin. 'I got fatter,' he chuckled.

He was wearing the item for about a year now, never took them off, a defined tan line to where it rested was seen. It's a simple piece of jewelry had little scratches and somehow lost its shine.

"It's getting pretty old..."

The first time Brett saw it, he knew this the one. From a display window of the jewelry store, they passed by on the way to one of their concerts.

For it was simple, it didn't get any attention from deciding ladies inside the shop. They focused on the grander kinds, ones with large stones and thicker bands. Secretly glad, 'I'll buy it after the concert.'

-

Brett can't stop fumbling on the small box inside his pocket. He just stared at Eddy, who was busy jotting down notes for their next videos. His leg, restless, his throat, dry. To ease the nervousness he ate cake, for the coffee would just amplify it.

He took a deep breath. Rehearsed whatever speech he had in his mind, but 'Shit!' The nerves kicked back again. With shaky hands, he gulped down another bite, 'It must be brief... I don't want to stutter.'

After a few moments, he said, "Hand."

Alone in the living room of the house, he waited. Brett cleaned the kitchen, living room and practice room earlier even already cooked dinner. He should have practiced, but he doesn't want to without Eddy.

He glanced up at the wall clock. 6:33 PM. The street lights were on. More students came passing by, the sound loud of chit-chatting entered the quiet room, same for the vehicles rushing to go home.

'It's getting late, Eddy.'

Brett thought it was okay. This situation they were in. He was still in recovery, sure, but why they haven't talked about it again? Was he waiting for Eddy to brought it up, or Eddy was waiting for him to bring it up? Unsure of which one of the two, either way, Brett was half to blame.

He let go of his ring and picked up a throw pillow. Hugged it and plopped down on the sofa he was sitting on. Brett let out another sigh.

Eddy didn't really back out, right? He did what whoever in that situation might do. To cut off any idle charges, to halt production, to... Cancel it.

He hugged the throw pillow tighter,

"...I'm still unmarried."