Soon to be wed

"What is it that you wanted to show me?" Brett asked his lover, who was walking towards him with a wooden box in hand.

With a thud, the box landed on the coffee table. "It's quite heavy," Eddy wiped the sweat on his forehead with his arm, "open it," he said, as he sat beside Brett on the living room's sofa.

Brett did what he was told. He lifted the cover of the carved wooden box, the nicely arranged cutlery sets greeted him. He held up a spoon from the box, inspected it and said, "Woah, it's like your ancestors wanted you to be a great cook or something!"

Eddy laughed at the comment and playfully hit Brett's arm, "I know, right!"

Upon inspection, Brett concluded that the cutlery set was indeed real silver. He put the spoon back, "So, what are you going to do with this?"

"I won't use it, just to keep," he turned to Brett, "but I also wanted to look at it every day."

Brett put a hand on his chin and turned to Eddy, "Why don't you get a set framed up?"

"Oh, I haven't thought of that!" Eddy smiled at him, "And we'll hang it on the kitchen of our own home," he wrapped his arms on Brett.

Brett leaned to the embrace, returned the hug. "Yeah, our own home sweet home," then he placed a sweet kiss on his lover's lips.

---

Soon to be wed.

That was what's written on the sticker tag on Brett's shirt, then his name. The couple was on the third and last seminar they had to attend, as per their organizer. Secretly glad that the food made it quite worth it to be in, despite the seminar itself was tiresome.

The couple was enjoying themselves on the buffet and displays. It was a wedding and debut expo of some sort, not that really concerned in the 'debut' part, but still cool though.

Brett was on his second cake when the speaker on the stage caught his attention. Eddy got the wind of it and also turned his eyes to the person on the podium.

"...in fact, there is a healthy amount of fighting in a relationship. People say that a couple that doesn't fight is ideal, but in reality, it is not, they are just the same for those couples that always fight...," the speaker said.

Blinking, Brett turned his head to face his front. He put a hand on his forehead, crunched his eyebrows, maybe a headache came.

Eddy got worried too, they are that kind of couple that doesn't fight. He bit his lip in distress. Do they have a problem?

"...they are avoiding to talk about things, they lack communication. Despite being a fight-free couple, it is a bad sign..."

'Are we like that?' Brett thought as he eyed Eddy.

'We aren't like that.' Eddy answered in his mind, he shook his head in Brett's direction.

"...or they don't know their partner very well...," the speakers on the event hall echoed, to the couple's ears the rest of the sentence blurred out.

"So..." Brett licked his lips for they felt dry, then put his elbows on the table, with his hands together he rested his chin on his thumbs most of his hands covered his face, "Are there things you don't talk to me about?" Brett said, his eyes straight to his front, not on Eddy who sat beside him.

Eddy shook his head. "No, " his whole body turned to Brett. "I tell you everything." He said in all honesty.

They both were silent. Brett seemed to be thinking of something. The way his eyebrows twitched ever so slightly and his eyes squint as he gazed upon nothing in front of him he must be grinding his mind, hard.

After the long pause, he spoke, "Do you have an idea of who I really am?" Brett turned to Eddy, "Do you know me? All of me?" His eyes searched Eddy's, his answer.

"To be honest, no," Eddy paused and took a deep breath, "for the longest time I am with you, I don't know. I don't know the whole entirety of Brett Yang," he held on to Brett's hands "but I want to know, and I already accepted those sides of you even I haven't seen them." He said in a tender voice.

Brett clasped on Eddy's hands instead and brought them closer to his lips, eyes still on him.

"I mean, they make you the Brett Yang I know and love, they are a part of you," he paused, "and the whole thing makes you you, right?" Eddy smiled.

Brett pinched his lover's cheek and flashed a bright toothy grin at Eddy. He had nothing to worry about.

"How about me?" Eddy asked curiously, "Do you think you know me well enough?"

"I did think that I knew all about you," he pulled back the hand that was on Eddy's cheek to the hands he was holding, squeezed them, "but it turns out, I discover new things about you every day." Brett kissed his lover's hands and smiled.

A chuckle escaped Eddy. He kissed the hand holding his hands. He had nothing to worry about.