We'll come over this weekend

Eddy arrived at his destination. He knew the place, the way to go there and the inside and out of the house, but today even the place was familiar it reeked an unfamiliar aura. It was not his first time to be here, but the feeling made him doubt that he knew the place, the house, and the people inside it.

The main door was wide open as if the people living inside expected that he'd arrive at this time. Eddy knocked on the door twice, removed his shoes, he entered.

On the living room, there was the medical robe-clad older brother, sweeping the floor.

"Mom called me here after she called you, just to sweep this God damn floor?!" He said facing Eddy, his tone mad. "I am a busy man, you know?" He swept the rest of the collected dust on the dustpan, angrily. In a fit, he went to the kitchen, threw the collected dust to the garbage bin. When he did Eddy was left alone in the living room.

'What was that?' he thought. Eddy then sat on the couch. He had nothing to do but to wait for the older Yang to come back or Yang-mama to arrive. He looked around, the living room was tidied up more than it used to. The usual coffee table was moved to the side, even Yang-mama's favorite couch on the living room got new covers too.

Speaking of Yang-mama where was she?

And speaking of the devil, there she was. From the kitchen, she walked with heavy footsteps to the living room, her son behind her. She wore a white robe with a-- Eddy stood up. Yang-mama wore a karate uniform tied on with a black belt. Shit! He panicked.

Both Yang's have serious looks on their faces, both glared at Brett's boyfriend. Yang-mama stood in front of Eddy, facing him, about three meters from him. The older son, still behind her, stood straight with his arms on his back.

"I am here for a 'just in case', Eddy." The medical robe-clad Yang said. "I really hope that I don't have to stitch you up." His lips formed a professional-looking smile.

That made Eddy more nervous. He doesn't know which made him felt that maybe it was Yang-mama's get-up, Brett's brother's words or both. Not gonna lie, it was both. He started to sweat more, breathe heavier and even his knees shook.

Without a word, Yang-mama took her stance, eyes still fixed on Eddy. Her pose was definitely one of a person who learned karate. The older brother took a few steps back, cleared the way for his mother.

Eddy was wide-eyed, but he got no time to be surprised. He took a stance too, a random one from his kung-fu movies and anime knowledge. Shit, is this gonna help him? He took a deep breath. He steeled himself.

The three-meter distance was closed by only 2 steps.

Involuntarily, Eddy put his arms up to block a hit to the face. Eyes wide open fixed on his opponent.

Her arm readied for a punch.

Eddy clenched his teeth. Eyes on her. Arms tightened. Ready for impact.

"Ha!" She shouted.

A fist only millimeters from his nose appeared. There was no windblown into the room but Eddy felt a breeze to his face. It made his knees gave out. Eddy fell on his butt on the floor. He had quick breaths, fast heart rate and was drenched in sweat, Eddy felt like he ran a marathon.

Yang-mama retracted her hand. She turned to a relaxed stance.

"That was too much, mom." Said the older son. "I think."

-

The coffee table was back to its place, in front of the couch where Eddy and Yang-mama seated. There the older Yang sibling served tea for both of them. All parties have calmed down now.