Is he good?

Chen-papa was irritated the whole day today. Even he's about to get ready to turn in for the day. He sighed.

"Ma, why Brett is on Eddy?" He asked for it bugs him. "Brett deserves so much better." He lied down on the bed.

"What?" Chen-mama questioned back as she sat on the bedside.

"He should find someone good for him."

"Is our son not good enough?"

Chen-papa rolled to his side to face her. "Ma..."

"Is Brett not good for Eddy?"

"Brett is a good kid, but..."

"Pa..." Chen-mama lied down too, faced him.

"I mean they can be together just by being friends, no need to marry--"

"If before, I told you 'to be just friends' would you like that?"

"No no no no no!" All of his being disagreed. "I love you, I want to be with you! To have kids with you, spend the rest of my life with you and-- ohh..." Chen-papa's own words sink in.

"Now you have an idea of what Brett may feel... Right?"

"But..." Still hesitating.

"These times are different from ours..." Chen-mama put a hand on his face. "And besides, our Eddy wants to be with Brett too. You can see that right?"

"Ma..." He whined.

"Pa, Brett will be there for our Eddy, to be with him, even after we're not around anymore..."

Chen-papa only looked at his wife.

"At a time like that, you'd want to be with someone you know who will always be there, right?"

Chen-papa just listened.

"For Eddy, that person is Brett. For Brett, it's our Eddy."

He sighed. "Brett better not do anything stupid while I'm in New York!"

Chen-mama smiled. Pinched his cheek.

"Why do I feel I have two daughters now?"

===

"Do you know about this?" Yang-mama asked his older son as they eat breakfast. A great time to talk about Brett. When he's not around.

"Not really. I just had a feeling before. Why?" He answered looking at his mom. Chewing his food.

Yang-mama sighed. "I kind of saw it coming too, but I didn't do anything. Now that it's here, I'm not surprised, but I'm not prepared." She said, moving her fork around the plate.

"Are you against it, mom?"

"..." She just looked at her son,  didn't answer.

"Are you gonna tell dad?"

"I don't talk to dead people."

"He's not dea--"

"Shhh!"

"..."

"Okay... I'm somehow against it." Yang-mama admitted.

"You don't like Eddy?"

"I like him. He's a good kid and I treat him like my own son."

"Why don't you make him your 'real son' then?"

"..."

"When they marry he'll be your son-in-law." He leaned over to her direction. Wiggled his eyebrows.

Yang-mama chugged down straight a glass of water as if it's beer. "I suddenly can't talk right now." She stood up. Walked out.

"But you are talking right now mom! Mom! MOM!" He called out to her. Laughing, he went back to his food.