Is This Fun?

Matt's POV

With Kirstie now on bedrest (or sofa rest) for the rest of tour, we had to find ways for her to enjoy tour differently than we were used to. Normally, we would go to an arcade and play games or go to Disney, but Kirstie wasn't allowed to do that this time. If she couldn't do something, we wouldn't either. It just wasn't fair on her.

"Can someone get Kirst up please?" Dre asked, as she finished cooking breakfast.

"I'll get her." Scott said, getting up from the sofa. "Kirst, breakfast is ready." He whispered, reaching into her bunk. A small groan was heard through the tour bus which made all of us smile. She's so cute I can't handle it. Scott helped her out of her bunk and gently pushed her to the bathroom. Kevin had told us that as the baby gets bigger, Kirstie's going to have to go to the toilet more. Besides, normal toilet habits lessen the risk of her getting dehydrated again. Sounds completely wrong, but that's what the doctor said.

"So, we have a day off today. What do you want to do?" Dre asked, as Kirstie sat down on the sofa.

"Well, there is an arcade close by, but we can't do that." Mitch said.

"Yes you can." Kirstie said, looking puzzled.

"Well we can, but you can't. It's not fair on you if we can go and do things, but you have to stay here." Kevin replied.

"It's fine. I want to sleep the day away anyway." Kirstie said with a yawn.

"I'll stay with you." I said quickly.

"Okay." she said.

The next few days were spent watching movies, sleeping and a couple of shows. Kirstie slept a lot and was being very careful about what she was doing. We had also made a new rule that she wasn't allowed to carry anything. Not even her rucksack. None of us minded waiting on her hand and foot, after how much she'd already been through with the pregnancy, she deserved to be looked after.

At one point, during a Mario Kart tournament, Kirstie was half lying on the sofa wrapped in a blanket. Once one race was done, Kirstie put her hand on my leg and pushed herself up from the sofa.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just need to pee." She replied. I noticed that all of us watched her go and made sure she was okay to be on her feet. Call us overprotective, but I want my baby girl to be healthy. We all do.

The following three days went by really slowly as we tried to keep Kirstie entertained. We had watched so many movies that I have lost count, she had a couple of books to read, but that was only going to last for so long. As I was falling asleep one night, I had an idea that could work. I brought it up to the others over breakfast the following day.

"I had an idea of something we could all do together. Kirstie as well." I said.

"Go on." Scott said.

"Dance party in the back lounge." I said with a grin.

"But Kirst can't be on her feet for too long." Mitch said.

"She can be sitting on the sofa, but still dancing a bit." I said.

"Oh!" Kevin said. "That could work."

Kirstie was completely down for the idea, so after the show that night, we did exactly that. We were all a bit tired, Kirstie most of all, so it was a short dance party.

"Is this even fun?" I asked Kirstie, who was practically lying down on the sofa.

"Yeah." She went to say something else, but was cut off with a yawn.

"Is it time for bed now?" Kevin asked, failing to hide his smile. Kirstie just nodded, curling up a little. Kevin picked her up and tucked her into her bunk. Kirstie was asleep the moment her head was on the pillow. She's far too cute for this planet.