Chapter 1

Chapter  1: the moon leaves too

I'm at a party I don't want to be at. I feel you, Ed Sheeran.

Loud voices all around, creepy music getting into my ears and on my nerves as well, people having sex literally on the floor, girls begging guys to kiss them... I wonder how many pregnant girls there are going to be. Why the hell did I even agree to come in the first place?

I shouldn't have listened to Sam and Kylie. I mean I couldn't do anything but accept their invitation because let's be real, my anxiety didn't help me to find an excuse. Yes, that's how weak I feel.

"Take a shot girl!" Kylie suggested.She was busy with her boyfriend Sam and they're clearly drunk.

"Come on girl take a shot!" Sam added while he was dancing with Kylie and making out with her. "Have some fun!"

Funny how they got together after only one month of knowing each other. Sam is actually the "new boy" at St. Paul's high school, the school I go to. Out of all the girls there, Kylie got his attention first. I am genially happy for them and I hope they stay together because getting hurt by the person you trust the most is never easy and it sucks...

Another loud music came on and here I am wishing I could get wings to flee away.

I can't fit it. That's just me.

Also, my anxiety isn't helping at all.I would say I was less anxious during the holidays than when I got on the first day of school. The idea of meeting up with toxic people at my school every single day makes me feel so stressed out, especially that we're seniors now. It's like everyone, even your "friends" would make fun of you for not fitting in...weird, but it is what it is. Welcome to senior year, everyone.

It was already 11:30 p.m. and I couldn't handle it no more so I drove back to my place and got ready to do my usual night routine.

My parents were on holidays so I felt freer now...

My night routine isn't similar to any of those you watch on YouTube, mine's different.

Mine needs courage, mine needs patience, mine needs effort...

I laid on my bed, placed a towel underneath my left hand and smiled as I saw the river of blood starting to fall out slowly, wishing the blood running through my hand right now could also wash away my thoughts and clear the loud voices in my head.

Countless reasons to do it but not a single reason not to.

That sharp piece of metal is my only true friend...even the moon leaves me in the morning.