Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Friends or...strangers?

What the hell am I even doing?

I am stuck between "no I don't want to get in Ethan's car because he's still a stranger after all" and "I don't care I want my free food". What a dilemma, right?!

Ethan turned down the music while driving so that he could talk to me:

"So, where would you like to eat?"

"I don't care Ethan, just pick a random place, I am so hungry".

"Taco Bell is always good. Let's go".

I turned the music on again and we both started jamming really hard:

"They don't know about the things we do

They don't know about the "I love yous"

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They don't know about the up all nights

They don't know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby, they don't know about (They don't know about us)

They don't know how special you are

They don't know what you've done to my heart

They can say anything they want 'cause they don't know about us

They don't know what we do best, that's between me and you, our little secret

But I wanna tell 'em

I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl"

"Why are you looking at me, stop! We are going to get in a car crash!", I punched him slightly on his shoulder as the song ended. He was pointing at me while screaming out the lyrics as if I were "his girl" in a music video. It just made me so uncomfortable. I'm not used to being flirted.

"Nothing, I just like to create my own music video sometimes, it feels pretty cool", he winked and did that peace sign with his hand.

It's been a while since I have really laughed or genuinely smiled. I mean, I am such a good actress, I can fake a smile everyday! I could smile on the outside but could be fighting my demons on the inside. I should consider pursuing an acting career, I would be so successful though!

But today is just different. it's not the usual fake smile I pull off every other day.

We finally got to our destination, Taco Bell. The food tasted so good. Ethan was telling jokes and he almost made me splash my food on him. He got some good jokes that can change a whole mood. He was eating and laughing and so was I. It feels so good to be a around him, around a stranger.

Before we leave, Ethan asked me to take a walk with him to the backyard surrounding Taco Bell.

When I come there, I usually don't go out to that backyard because after all, wandering in there alone isn't always very pleasant, it just feels like going in circles and getting nothing but dizzy.

"Hermione and I used to come here a lot, it was her favorite place to eat at. Well, I just think that I need to move on because everything eventually comes to an end. Anyway, do you usually like to come here?" he asked. That man really seems to be broken, but willing to become a psychologist can actually help enduring a heartbreak after a breakup. I would like to be capable of handling my problems like he does, but it always seems like they're much bigger than I am.

"Well, I don't go out often. I happen to be writing in my journal instead, it just feels better than hanging out with people I guess", I told him back with a neutral tone

" 'It just feels better than hanging out with the wrong people' that's how you should of said it. Oh and, if there's anything you write in your journal that you'd like to get an advice to, I'd be happy to help", he adds.

That's really sweet Ethan, stop it!

"So I was wondering...well, I'm not trying to be rude but I don't even know your last name . All of this just happened in a matter of days and we're still two strangers though, I know nothing about you" I said, looking at my phone and pretending to be some kind of a business woman.

"You're right Ms. Faith Rose Lee".

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY!

"WAIT, HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW MY-"

"Don't go too far with your thoughts girl, I just heard some guys whistling your name while you were making your way to your car after school". Oh okay, I felt relieved now, I thought he was some kind of stalker. "And I want to let you know that friends could be strangers, and strangers could be a lot more faithful than friends sometimes".

Wow, these words really hypnotized me. They make sense. Everything he says makes sense though. I tried to change the topic so I asked:

"What made you want to come today to that messed up school in the first place, by the way?"

"I got done with my classes and I thought of giving you a ride so that we could talk a little about that upcoming Friday night. I mean, I need to know a little about that party before going though!" Well, he is right, he deserves an explanation after all. I don't think anyone would have agreed to accompany a stranger to a party...But he surprisingly did! That's the struggle of not having real friends. You don't have any other option than turning to a total stranger to ask for a favor.

"Oh and you asked for my last name. It's Dolan. Ethan Grant Dolan"

Author's note: As a Dolan twins hardcore fan, it was extremely hard for me to either pick Ethan or Grayson as the main character because I just love both of them so much. But well, I eventually felt like Ethan sounds better with Faith lmao. Sooo here you go!

(P.S: I just wanted to say that I didn't keep New Jersey or like every other information that has to do with the Dolan twins' life as it is. So yeah I am basically aware of the fact that the story I am writing is happening in Australia, I know that it isn't where they live but I just wanted to change some stuff. Don't come at me haha!)