Chapter 25

Chapter 25: I lost him. Or...did I?

Two dead bodies and more than seven people injured.

I feel like I'm going to pass out, I'm about to faint and there's no one to help me. I don't have anyone to call, I just never got along with anyone but I don't have any other choice than calling random people. I sent my location to Billie and Ashton, hoping one of them is going to reach out for me as soon as possible.

Just a few seconds after pressing the "sent" button, my legs started to shake and I couldn't stand up anymore. Strength left my body and I could feel my soul suffocating, seeking for help. I lost sight and I could see nothing but all black. I opened the front door, trying to reach out for someone to help me but I slowly started to fall on the ground. I tried to get up but my body stayed glued to the floor. A few seconds later, I...I totally lost consciousness.

*****Billie's p.o.v*****

"Hell yeah, you always taste sweet", I moan as I'm sitting on his lap while we're making out. It's been a few minutes but I just never get enough of that taste.

"My pants are about to explode Billie, stop teasing my poor tongue", he says as he places his hands on my breast.

Suddenly we got notifications on our phones at the exact same second. What a coincidence!

"Who's that", I question him.

"It's Faith from high school, remember her?"

Wait, I also got a notification from her!

"Oh my God! She also texted me! Look, she sent me her location"

"She also sent it to me!"

I'm honestly a little scared . Faith is the type of person who tries to avoid communicating with people. The only times I ever talked to her were when I invited her to Ashton's birthday party and when she actually came there with that one guy. But I can tell that she's too kind.

"Ash, I'm a little scared. Firstly she sent her location to the both of us, and secondly it seems like this isn't her place, I've went by her place once!"

"Right, the location she sent is so near. You know what Billie, I feel that something's suspicious, let's go and see what's wrong"

We both hurried up to the car and went to the place she's at. We got there in less than ten minutes.

To our big surprise, the front door was half open. I looked at Ashton and asked him to get in there first, my heart's honestly beating too fast.

We made little steps until we reached the place.

"OH MY GOD", Ashton screams out loud as he gasps really loudly.

I made a few steps closer and I saw Faith laying on the floor, with an open mouth, her saliva's running and her phone's near her left hand as well.

"Ashton! We need to take her to the hospital, like, now!"

Ashton picks her up the floor and we took her to the nearest hospital in Sydney. I almost had a heart attack seeing her this way, I've never faced these kind of situations before.

Poor Faith, what happened?

*****Faith's p.o.v*****

Where am I, what happened...?

"AM I LAYING ON A HOSPITAL BED?", I suddenly scream. "Ashton, Billie?!"

"Faith", she looks away and lays her eyes on the curtains, "you sent us your location without any other information so we got scared and decided to reach out for you to see what's wrong, so we found-"

"Oh yeah", I take a deep breath, "I remember sending you guys my location as I was fainting. There was no one to help me out"

Wait...

"Where's Ethan?!", I stand up and looked around me.

"That guy you went with to the party, right?", Ashton questions me.

"Yeah, where is he, did you see him? I need him, I want to see him now!", I start walking towards the highway hoping to find him in a way or another. I lost my mind.

"Faith, stop!", Ashton blocks my way and stops me from making any more steps forward. He takes my hand and guides me back to the bed.

A tear drops down my face from one eye. Then the other started running from the second eye until there was a river of tears running down my face. It hit me.

"We wanted pancakes fo-for breakfast", I stutter really badly, "so Ethan went to bring s-some and I assume h-he went to 'Sydney's sweet pancakes' as it is the nearest pancakes place out there"

"Before you say anything, Ashton and I heard about the massive shootings that happened there this morning but there's nothing to worry about", Billie says.

"What do you mean there's nothing to be worried about?", I shout at her as I'm wiping away my tears that are covering my sight. "Billie, Ethan was most probably there-"

"The people who got injured got taken to this hospital, and both of the people who sadly passed away are in their 70's", Ashton says.

"And how'd you know all of this?", I place both of my hands on my hips as I ask with an ironical tone.

"Yeah he's right", I move my gaze to Billie to listen to what she has to say. "A friend of ours works there and provided us these information"

"I want to go and see the injured!", I stand up again. Billie called the nurse to help me walk.

I moved my gaze back and forth all around the room and...he's not here. I looked at all the injured people but couldn't recognize any familiar face.

I just don't want to say this, I don't want the words to get out of my mouth, I just...I refuse to think of this but I just feel like...

I lost him.

Forever.