Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Ethan?!

Asking him to pretend to be my best friend whom I haven't seen for three years now, whom I just picked up from the airport, and WHOM I DON'T EVEN KNOW!

Faith, are you seriously going to ask Ethan to come with you to the party? Are you seriously going to cause troubles between him and his girlfriend? Faith, don't mess up people's lives just because yours is chaotic.

And these were the only thoughts going on in my head while making my destination to Ethan's place.

To be honest, I got lost a little. I didn't really remember his place but it was very nearby, thankfully.

Thankfully? I'm joking.

"Oh, hi" he said as he opened the door. I know that he's surprised because I actually came back to see him.

"I'm sorry I should have texted you first but something's off and I need your help. You are the only person who can actually help me figure that out. I'm may sound like I'm speaking nonsense but-"

"Hm, my girlfriend's in there and she already thinks that I'm cheating on her, so getting you into the house will only rubs salt in the wound" he leans and whispers.

I can actually feel his warm breath next to my ear.

Bullshit, whatever Faith.

And here comes the loudest scream I've ever encountered : "I KNEW IT, I KNEW YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME. IS SHE PRETTIER THAN ME? ABSOLUTELY NOT. IS SHE FUNNIER THAN ME? NO ONE'S FUNNIER THAN I AM. OH LET ME GUESS, SHE GIVES YOU BETTER KISSES THAN I DO, HUH? I HOPE SHE COVERS YOUR NECK WITH HUGE HICKEYS THEN. OH AND SHE MAKES YOUR NIGHTS SEXIER RIGHT? YOU KNOW WHAT ETHAN? IT'S OVER!"

Was I just the reason of a couple's break up? I-

"Hermione wait! I would never cheat on you! I've never even flirted with any other girls than you throughout our relationship. You know what, I'm going to handle this like a man and I'm going to tell you straight forward that a woman who cheats would eventually think that everyone's a cheater". Wow, I have never ever heard a man handling a break up this way and speaking facts instead of bullshit.

I am really curious to know why Ethan is that wise and smart. That is so weird to me.

 That pretty blond girl made her way out of Ethan's house and I never knew that a car has a potential of going this fast.

"Hm, I am sorry, I never meant for this to happen and-"

"It's okay, I knew she was cheating already so that was a perfect moment to get out of that relationship. I can say that I am a 100% sure now that she is cheating. That man's underwear that I found last week in her bedroom was already a proof but whatever, I was blinded" he takes a deep breath. "Come in by the way have a seat!"

Honestly, I expected him to kick me out of the house or curse but he surprisingly didn't. That was fast.

What's wrong with him? Why is he so kind and gentle, I am not used to this.

I made my way to his living room and each one of us is sitting on a different couch. I didn't say a word until he decides to speak first:

"So, what do you want? I'm happy to have you again, I wasn't expecting to see you at all!" he clears his throat and takes a deep breath again. I think he is trying to control himself.

"I am really feeling bad because of what just happened. I never wanted to be the reason why a couple would break up. I know how it feels and I don't like people to witness that feeling" I was looking down the whole time, afraid to face him.

"Let's not talk about that. Now look at me, what can I help with?"

"Gentleman" is the only word that crossed my mind.

 I sat there explaining to him the whole thing for a few minutes and I told him every single detail. I'm amazed. I have never told the details of a story to anyone because my anxiety hits me when I talk for more than a minute straight.

But this time it's different. I am feeling comfortable and I am craving to know why.

"Hm, seems like a good idea" he shook his head.

"Partying could be a great way to wash away sad feelings for a temporary moment. Alright, that's a deal", he stood up and shook my hand.

Well, parties just wake up the anxiety stuck in me. That's the only purpose I could think of.

Someone's knocking on the door. If it's that Hermione girl I will better get ready for the butterflies inside my stomach to start their daily fight.

"Here are your two cups of coffee Sir" is the only sentence I managed to hear.

I love coffee.

"Well that's not a fun thing but" he smirks, "that second cup of coffee was supposed to be for my...ex but well she left so here's your cup of coffee!"

I can't handle it when someone's being really kind. It just hits me. It reminds me of how bad I am treated...and of how awfully I treat myself.

 "I have a question" I finally had the gut to ask that one question that has been going on in my mind for hours now. "How come you handle a bad situation so well and you try to be wise and kind at the same time?"

"Aw! Is that what you think of me? I'm flattered" he laughs slightly and places his hand on his chest to show fake emotions. "That's my first year of college and I am studying psychology. So you need to remain calm and stay in control in order to be able to handle your clients' issues"

I knew it. I knew there was something that made him different from the other guys. He wants to become a psychologist, wow.

"So you're like nineteen years old or so?" I asked shyly.

"Yes I am. How about you? I would like to know more" he seemed very interested.

"Well, I am a senior at St. Paul's high school so that makes me eighteen years of age. I also can't wait to get out of this prison. That's all!" I winked at him and laughed slightly.

"I remember meeting Hermione during our senior year" he drinks coffee a little. "At the time, I thought that she was the right girl for me but it's crazy how things change so fast".

Anyway, I made my way to my car and said goodbye.

"See you next Friday!" he waves at me.

"See you! Thank you, really!. I appreciate your help a lot." I replied as I was getting into my car.

"It's crazy how things change so fast" played in my mind over and over again while I was driving the car.

Yesterday, all I wanted to do was to find a way again to escape that world, yet today I am planning for a party that's a few days ahead.

Just how fast the night changes. You're right, One Direction.

Author's note: I REALLY enjoyed writing this chapter although it took me a few hours haha x I hope you like it too! Don't forget to comment your opinion and to vote (if you like it). Thank you so much if you do, I appreciate your support guys x