Chapter 12

Chapter 12: never say never.

So, he kissed me in front of everyone as an response to Liam's question.

Calm down Faith.

Part of me wants to kiss him back as a "thank you for showing Liam that I am over him" meanwhile the other part of me is confused and doesn't know how to react, what to tell him or how to have a normal conversation with him after what just happened.

For real though, what are we now? Strangers, friends, best friends? It sucks...but I kind of love it.

We danced all night, got crazy, and I don't remember anymore how many people came next to me to ask me who Ethan is, I've lost count honestly. Well, they must have seen that quick kiss he gave me in front of Liam, so the only thing I could tell them was "my boyfriend".

Let's be real, Ethan is one of the hottest guys my eyes have ever came across. His brown hair, his bright hazel eyes, his smile, his slight dimples, his contagious laugh, his jawline that can cut me sharper than a knife, his sweet words, the gentle and wise man he is, the comfort he makes me feel when he hugs me, his free spirit, his sweet compliments, his kind little acts, his little life lessons...well everything about him is literally perfect...even the way his lips taste.

Yes, my lips have barely touched his own, it was a less than half a second thing, but it just made me realize what heaven must feel like. A free, soft place where you can forget about everything.I can officially say that I get now what Ethan means when he says that it's all about the little things in life. Yes, a half than a second kiss had the power to make me feel lost in time but the real question is, was it really that powerful or did it feel so because it's him? I can't really tell.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am slightly thankful that he saved me from my suicide attempt that one night. Ugh, he makes me feel good and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I kind of hate it but I can't help but love it too.

And these were the exact words I wrote down on my journal after that Ethan dropped me back home. The funny thing is that I struggled to find my journal for two reasons. Firstly, it was already 2 a.m. and I was feeling so tired and asleep, but it's also because it took me time to remember that one night I dropped it in my backpack that was right next to my bed and I was way too lazy to pick it up. I haven't wrote since then. But words just come out when he's around, and that's why I felt the urge to write down everything that was going on in my last three brain cells, no matter how much time it took me to find my journal. I just couldn't let these words go unwritten.

Ethan, inspiration.

I wonder if every psychologist-to-be has such a positive mindset that can help others feel as good?

I took a very quick shower to ease the sweat, put on an oversized t-shirt with only my underwear underneath it, brushed my teeth and finally made my way to bed. As sleepy as I was, I just couldn't fall asleep. It feels awkward now that I haven't really talked with Ethan about what happened tonight at Ashton's. I wanted to talk about that very quick kiss (that isn't even a real kiss) so bad but my weak self could never.

"Oh my God!" I screamed as my phone rang. It scared me. No one ever calls me that late.

I took my phone from the side table of my bed and checked to see who's calling with half-closed eyes.

"It's him. Damn", I whispered under my breath. "Hey Ethan, it's late aren't you tired already?", I told him. He was facetiming me while he laying on his bed with one hand holding his phone and the other being under his head as he was laying on his side.

"Tired of the party? Yes, more like exhausted! Tired of you? Not yet, we'll see about that!",he said with a slight smile. Yes, I could see his smile in the dark. I usually focus a lot on someone's facial expressions. They could speak louder than words sometimes.

"Oh stop come on!" I joked as I switch sides.

"So", he clearly cleared his throat, "I am just feeling a little bad, you know, it might not be such a big deal but...to me, consent is important. But believe me when I say that I thought kissing you quickly would be the best way to show that bastard that you're fine without him, and he seems to be at his finest too!"

Yes! He talked about it!

"Well, I was just thinking about it too", I surprisingly had the gut to say, "and it did bother me at first to be honest but after thinking about it several times, I felt like that was a wise response to a boy who broke my heart and shattered it into pieces", I unconsciously shed a tear but tried to wipe it quickly. "Oh and the funny thing is that everyone thinks you're my boyfriend now!", I laughed.

"Not so bad at all!", he laughs back. "Alright, I will let you sleep now and..." he suddenly stops.

"What's up?" I slyly asked with confusion.

"Could I see you tomorrow around diner time! I can pick you up and we can go have diner somewhere if you don't mind" he kindly asks me . I can't help but feel the need to say yes when I hear his sexy weird voice asking me a question.

"Hm...I-", I stutter.

"Come on beautiful! Come on Faith!" he says again, sounding like a kid who's begging his mother to buy him his favorite toy. I found this so cute though that I couldn't resist it.

"Alright" is the only word I managed to say. I still can't help but blush when someone calls me beautiful. "See you tomorrow then"

"I miss you already!", he jokes. "See you tomorrow and sleep well!"

"Night!" I wave at him as I hang up first.

I miss him too already, to say the least.

Never in my life have I ever been that excited for tomorrow.

But he always makes me question the word "never".

I shut down my phone and fell asleep in the most peaceful way possible.

Author's note: I enjoyed writing this chapter so I hope you like it too! Lots of love x