Chapter 11

Chapter 11: that Friday night (pt.2)

I spent the whole ride guiding him to Ashton's house. I was glad I didn't got asked random questions that might have awaken the anxiety hidden deep into every part of my body.

"Don't forget the deal", I told him once we made it there, "you're my best friend who just got back from-"

"Faith", he laughs in an ironical way, "I swear I didn't forget! What's the point of coming with you then? That's what it's all about, that's why I'm here!"

"Well, thanks for the favor good guy", I opened the door's car to get out of that awkward situation I am put in.

Ethan and I made our way into Ashton house. Everyone was dancing and singing along Mr. Saxobeat until we walked in. Did we just hypnotize them? It seems like someone just pressed the pause button and this is making me super duper uncomfortable. Ugh, I hate attention. I just felt like I was going to faint. I hate when you go from unnoticeable to every pair of eyes staring at you. Why is everyone glaring at us like that?

"Faith, who is that hot guy right there? You could have warned us at least", Veronica finally says as she walks towards Ethan and grabs him by his right hand. An expression of disgust started to form on his face.

"Hey you, are you really interested in...her?" Veronica's friend points at me as she waves her finger from my head to toe, "I've better things to show you, won't you like that?" she points at her own ass and walks towards Ethan as she grabs him by his left hand and pushes me away, "you'll like it beautiful guy", she then whispers into his ear.

My hands started to shake as I heard those mean words coming from these two sassy girls, I couldn't think of any comeback as my brain went blank...and that's when I knew it was bad. I'm not ready for a panic attack in the middle of that crowd, that will only add up more attention.

"First of all, you girls better back off and learn how to let go of that reckless behavior, I can guarantee to you that guys do nothing but make fun of bitchy girls like you", he yells at both of the girls and free his arms from their hands, "secondly do not dare talking to Faith like that ever again. I hope she could teach you the real meaning behind 'manners' because that's what makes a girl attractive".

Did he just call me attractive? I am sobbing.

Everyone went like "oooh" as they heard Ethan's words and they went back to dancing and screaming out the lyrics of the song that was playing along.

I started to feel the heat tickling my neck so I ran out to the backyard because I know what this is going to lead to...

I ran out really fast and busted out crying. I tried to wipe away my tears that I've been holding since I first came in. Holding back tears make my throat hurt so bad. Ugh, I hate the sensible person I have became as the years went by.

I suddenly felt two people hugging me from behind and they turned out to be Billie and Ashton, everyone's favorite couple.

"Don't worry, I just told Ethan to kindly ask them to leave. They always talk bullshit, so whatever girl you're here to enjoy!" Billie says.

"Don't let some bitches mess up your night!", Ashton adds.

"Thank you guys...But may you just leave me out there alone for a few minutes? I just need to be by myself, things have been so rough lately" I said as my super shaky fingers were trying to wipe away my tears. "Please tell Ethan I'm here", I just felt like I needed him. Whenever I'm sad, he tries to make me feel better just by saying a few meaningful words. I want to hear them, I need to hear them.

I hate myself for saying this, but I need nothing but his comfort now.

"Faith!", he screams searching for me. He runs to me and hugs me before I even realize it. He just hugged me so tight and I wish he never lets go of me. He doesn't even need to say anything now, that hug's worth a thousand words. I wish I knew what his hug felt like years ago when I needed someone by my side but never found anyone. I wish I knew him way earlier.

"Thank you Ethan for standing with me",I stutter. "I am already fed up so it would only take one word for me to explode, as you just witnessed", I murmur in his ear while still hugging him so tight.

"It's all good Faith, bad days do happen. Now that these bitches are gone, you can come in again with me and we could enjoy the rest of the night. Let's just have fun...best friend", he steps back and winks at me.

For some reasons, the word "best friend" is starting to make sense.

"Oh yeah", I wiped away what seemed like my last tear, "best friend whom just got back to Australia", I laugh.

Ethan placed both of his hands on my shoulder and says with a slight smile: "yes, keep laughing like that. Come with me now".

We got in again and everyone was still dancing, thankfully. Kylie and Sam were making out as usual and everyone was literally stuck with a partner, doing dirty things. Well, some of them have the gut to do in the corner while others prefer being taken away to a non-crowded room.

One person came across my mind at that moment, and it was Liam. I was really thankful that he dropped out of school, otherwise I wouldn't have came to a party which he could possibly be at. It would shatter me all over again.

Later on, Ethan went to pour some vodka and he also brought me a cup with him. We did that cheers thing and laughed right after. I stared at him in the eyes and so did he. Wow, did I just handle an eye contact? Faith, you're phenomenal!

Progress once again.

I thought that nothing could break that tense moment between Ethan and I but I was wrong. I suddenly heard someone calling my name from behind. I turned around only to find that it was Liam.

"Hey Faith! Who taught you to pick up cool guys?" he points at Ethan and laughs ironically.

"Excuse-me, who are you?" Ethan came closer to him as if he wants to start a fight.

"Ask her", Liam looks at me as if I have to explain the whole thing to Ethan.

"My ex boyfriend Liam, whom I wish I never knew" I fold my arms and look away.

"So...you two are dating now huh?" he asks with an ironic tone once again.

Ethan leaned closer to me and looked at me. His eyes seemed like a "sorry but I have to" kind of thing. Why is he looking at me like that? What is he planning for?

Big surprise, he kissed me very quickly, his lips barely touched mine: "You got the answer Liam. Now, you can go away and enjoy the rest of your night."

What did just happen? I ran out of words. I'm surely hallucinating and so are the butterflies inside my stomach. I have so many questions going on in my head right now, and the first one would be:

"Why did Ethan break our deal?". He had to pretend to be my best friend for ONE night only! Is that too much to ask for?

How did we end up there?

You had one job, Ethan Dolan.