Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Stockholm syndrome?

"Stockholm syndrome" by One Direction would be a very good song for this chapter I guess. Hope you enjoy it!

Woah, I don't feel comfortable at all. This just doesn't feel like home.

I've just waken up only to find myself laying on a bed that isn't mine. Did that asshole really bring me there? I can't believe how weak I am, I couldn't even stop him from bringing me to his own place!

One word that describes me perfectly would be W E A K.

I placed my hand on the right side of the bed to check what time it is on my phone but then I just remembered that this isn't my bedroom and my phone isn't right next to me.

Wait, where is my phone?!

"Where is my bloody phone?!" I screamed out loud, hoping that my phone could just fall from heaven.

"Did anybody just ask for a phone?-" , a creepy man walked in and handed me my phone.

"AH YOU SCARED ME! Who are you, how did you bring me here without my approval? Also, where did you sleep? I just hope you didn't try to take my clothes off, otherwise we're good, I guess", I shouted out loud while gazing at him right in his eyes. The way he suddenly walked in to hand me the phone scared me endlessly. But oh Lord, I didn't expect him to be that pretty.

I was gazing at his face the whole time. To be extremely honest, I didn't expect him to look that pretty. It's just that I couldn't see his face clearly the other night. I was just angry that he shattered my plan so I didn't even intend to focus on him.

How does God create such beautiful species? I wonder.

I did my best at trying to remain calm in order not to show my devil side.

"You ask too many questions" he came closer and sit on the side of the bed I was laying on. "Here's a little tip for you: first you need to understand, then question the situation".

I am trying to convince myself that his words don't make any sense but I fail every time.

I always fail anyway.

"Oh and by the way, I slept in the other bedroom so your pants are safe", he added. His voice is so chill and calming, not raging at all.

"Go away, I want to get out of here", I said as I started to make my way to the bedroom's door.

"Hold on, we need to talk a little", he ran and took my hand to stop me from leaving.

His hands are so soft I can feel the heat.

"What are you even talking about? I don't even know your name. Let go of my hand, please. You're making me feel very uncomfortable" I shyly said.

"I'm Ethan, nice to meet you", he shook my hand. "Can we talk a little now...please?"

I sat on the right side of the bed again, which is obviously a "yes".

My weak self can't say no, huh.

I didn't say a word until he decides to speak first:

"Why did you do this yesterday, young lady?"

"Countless reasons to do it but not a single reason not to..."

"But, have you ever taken the time to focus on that "single reason not to do it" instead of coming up with reasons to do it?"

"Well, I don't really think so-"

"Tomorrow can always be a better day". I'm not going to lie though, as much as I hate being interrupted, I smiled at some point when I heard those words. That must be a fake smile for sure. "Also, you're pretty when you smile, Faith."

Oh.

He still remembers my name, I'm impressed. I, myself, don't even know who I am anymore and yet he manages to remember my name even though I only said it like once.

Then, he asked me to join him to the kitchen so that he can make me breakfast.

No one has ever made me breakfast. I always do it myself...

"So, which country would you like to visit, Faith?" he asked me while he's bringing the cereal box and the milk. THAT IS MY FAVOURITE CEREAL RIGHT THERE.

"You're very random and weird but let me tell you, Italy has always been a dream to me. I've been stuck in Australia ever since I was born so travelling would be a good experience I guess" I answered back while sitting on a chair and checking my phone.

"Checking my phone" although it has 0 notification.

"Do you really want to go there? Like how bad do you want it?" Ethan asked again as he was pouring the milk into the bowls.

"So bad! Is that even a question?" I stood up and shouted at him. That guy's trying to provoke me.

"Then how would it feel to die knowing that you still haven't made it to Italy?"

His words make sense again. Ethan seems to be a wise guy. He makes me question things that I've never thought of before. How can he be so wise? Guys like him would be out doing drugs right now or maybe having a one night stand.

"Hm well, you may be right at some point" I said, unable to look at him in the face.I am too weak to be even able to handle a simple eye contact.

"Here's your breakfast, young lady. Hope you enjoy it".