Chapter - Three.

[Darshan]

With Maa and Dad, we found a place which was less noisy than other places. Mom sat, but I and Dad didn't. We were standing. And Dad was trying to find out anyone from the Mehta family. He I guess, found someone he knew and left with Mom, abandoning me.

I was standing all alone, in a corner. And, all of a sudden, my eyes fell on Nishtha - my batch mate who was a random girl at college that I dated - with a baby wrapped in her arm.

"Darshan?", She questioned. "Nish, oh my God, look at you!", I said, hugging her. "How are you?", She asked, "I've heard that you've became so successful. Congratulations", She added. "Thank you. And congratulations to you as well", I said, pointing towards her baby. She laughed.

"So, how's your brother? Is he an Army Officer, now?", I asked. "You remember Nishant Bhaiya?", Nishtha narrowed her eyes. "I do", I said, smiling slightly at the memories of our past. "Yes, he's all good and is an Army Officer now. And oh, he is married as well", Nishtha said. I shook my head. "Where is he, though?", I asked. "He is busy, he could not make it, so he was unableto come, even today.", replied Nish. "Oh, I see", I said.

"Remember that girl, Aishwarya who was crazy for you?", She asked. "Oh, that 'Fevicol'? Yeah, I remember her", I said. "She was so tacky, I swear!", Nishtha and I laughed. "She indeed was", I confessed. "But yaar, we missed you a lot, when you were expelled", Nishtha said. "I got my own self thrown out, I wasn't expelled", I said.

"Yeah, right.", She said. "What a problem it was, to get myself out of that college!", I said. She laughed. "Remember, how half girls used to be crazy for you?", She asked, "Remember how all the boys except me just wanted to hang out with you?", I asked back. "In the end, we did dated each other", I said. "And the entire college's hearts were broken", She laughed, while shaking her head.

Meanwhile, a guy came and put an arm across Nishtha's shoulder. I guessed him as her husband. "Darshan, He's Kartik. My husband", Nishtha said. "Hey, man", I forwarded my hand to shake hands with him. He took it and we shook hands. "Kartik, this is Darshan. Darshan Raval", Nishtha introduced.

"Hey, I've heard you singing live in a concert. You're just amazing", Kartik told me. "Thanks a lot", I said. I shared a conversation with them and they soon left. I fidgeted with my phone, untill I heard the jingling sound. Someone I guessed I knew, was coming down and looked at Kartik and Nishtha from the stairs.

I stared at the person who was coming down, and suddenly laid my eyes on another person behind her. It was her. Her whom, I hadn't expected at all. Well, unexpected things do happen, mostly to me.

Even her jaw dropped off, when she saw me. I gave her a smile and she did nothing. She seemed to be angry. And I wasn't in a mood to bear her anger.