Chapter - Seven.

[Nishita]

A month flew by, after Mishti’s naming ceremony. To my surprise, the Ravals shifted from their house to the building in our building’s left. Of course, my parents helped them shifting and they had dinner with us.

I often noticed both Mr. and Mrs. Raval eyeing me and smiling at my parents. I could’ve never express that how I felt when they did that. This Mrs. Raval was very different from Mr. Raval’s first wife. Maybe, her name was Rajal. Yes, Rajal Raval, I remember Aunty’s name. She was always sweet to all of us. This Mrs. Raval is bit silent.

Anyways, if something good had happened, I believe it is — my parents had finally stopped talking about getting me married. Finally. Apart from that, I and Darshan shared an absolute normal conversation, without getting into a fight, after ages. He’s changed. He isn’t no more like that, what he used to be.

As far as I remember and know Darshan Raval, he wasn’t that silent that the loss of his mother made him. His and her bond was beyond special. I hate to admit that, I envied them. Darshan always had a loud, obnoxious laughter like mine and now he barely laughs at a thing. He simply smiles it off.

He has really changed. Coming to the fact about Ani, Darshan said that he and Anita were never in a serious relationship. Anita made it very complicated. She is, at the end of the day, a complicated person. I believe Darshan. Anita too has changed. She isn’t as open as she used to be.

Is it just me, or has every single person really changed every single thing about them?

Maybe, I too have changed. Maybe not, I know, I have changed. I have changed my mind, thoughts about people. I’ve just... I don’t know...