Chapter - Forty-one.

Please hear this song, before you proceed to read and check the note, at the end of the chapter ‹3

Nishita.

‘A date. He asked me for a date!’, I typed on WhatsApp. I sent the message to Nabiha and Khushi on our group.

N: My gosh! Who’s ‘he’, btw?

K: Darshan, you dumb fuck!

N: Ohk, sorry.

Me: I agreed. Did I do it right?

K: Ofc, you did! I’m a proud mom!

N: And im dad, lmao 😂

K: You’re pathetic, Nabi. And Nishita, go get ready!

N: huh! bye everyone hates me

Me: I'm pretty sure tanvir doesn’t 😏

N: it's Tanvir 😒

Me: 😏

K: 😏

N: 😒😑

I closed the chat and because my shift had ended, I took a rickshaw and head back home. There Darshan greeted me. When I came inside, I realized he had other plans. When I passed by hallway, he put his hands on my eyes to cover them.

I gasped in shock. “Shh, just walk”, he said. He was so close to my ears. His breath hit on my neck and I shivered. Just his voice and touch and even breath made me go weak in the knees. I swallowed the lump in my throat and entered into the bedroom.

He removed his hands from my eyes and I turned to face him. “I thought we were going on a date?”, I asked. “Yeah, but I never told you I will take you out. So get ready and wear some saree. If you need help, I am just a call away”, he winked and disappeared.

It took me a whole minute to understand everything. He was planning the date at home. I bit my lower lip hard and blushed.   Oh, the things he was doing to me! I quickly did my make-up and went through my closet and found nothing suitable to wear.

I had not done too much. Just the base, powder, highlighter, eye-liner and of course, lipstick. I searched and searched for a nice yet simple saree. But couldn’t find it. And suddenly my eyes fell on a forest green saree. It’s blouse was an off shoulder. I smiled and picked it up. I opened my phone and watched a YouTube video on ‘How to wear a saree’.

It took me half an hour to be completely dressed. And then I put on my emerald earrings. I thought of wearing a heavy necklace, but then I remembered that I was already wearing one. A chain. That Darshan gifted me. The day after my birthday, Darshan surprised me by gifting me a pretty chain. So I decided to comb my hair and then suddenly he knocked at the door.

I opened my mouth to say something and he barged in. He wore a white shirt, a blue tie and black pants. Enough for him to knock me off. When his eyes fell on me, he blinked. Maybe he was blank? I felt butterflies in my stomach when he took steps towards me.

“H-Hi”, I stuttered. “You look beautiful”, he said. Running his fingers through the curls at the end of my hair. “Do I?”, I asked, biting the insides of my cheek. “Simply irresistible”, he whispered. If the rose tint on my cheeks didn’t look enough pink, by now it should have turned three shades pinker.

His hands moved to the exposed part of my waist and I shut my eyes. He dragged me closer. I inhaled his perfume. And it drove me crazy. He leaned in and our foreheads touched. He looked at me straight in the eye and my breath hitched. I ignored the eye contact and looked at the mirror, over my shoulder.

He pulled my chin up, with his index finger and made me look at him. I forced myself to look up at him and I tried to make sure he didn’t see my eyes burning with desire. He just smiled at me and turned me around. I stumbled on his chest, with my back facing him.

He fished out his phone and took pictures. If I haven’t stated this earlier, I would like to say this now that — when it comes to taking pictures, Darshan Raval freaking loves to take pictures! He never removed his hands from my waist and I was on the ninth cloud when he smiled wildly at the camera.

I looked at him and he took the opportunity to capture. A candid photo. Of us. Of me glaring at how hot my husband is! And he laughing at that. When he was satisfied with clicking pics, he dragged me by my elbow and covered my eyes with his hands, again.

“If you open your eyes before I tell you to, I swear I’ll throw you off the balcony”, he threatened and I laughed, “Okay”. I felt his hand slowly brush off over my nose and I frowned. He told me to open my eyes which I did and ordered me to look around the room but I was too busy to check if makeup got off my nose.

“What—”, I stopped. I looked around the room. I was mesmerized. How beautifully had he decorated the dining and living area. He had those fairy lights and candles everywhere. And the room smelt so fresh. He had placed a round table, and had it decorated with flowers and a bottle of champagne and glasses.

“This is so beautiful!”, I squeaked like a five year old. “Is it?”, he grinned. “How did you do all these?”, I asked. “Well, I wanted to go out somewhere but I have a stupid friend named Hardil who is the best and he suggested I do these and helped a bit”, he shrugged. “A bit?”, I rose a brow. “Okay, fine fine, he arranged all these. I just decorated them. But the credits for arranging these goes to him”, he said.

“You have to write him a five inch log letter to say thank you” I said and he muttered “Whatever”, for which he earned a smack. I searched for another chair, but didn’t find any. “Darshan”, I called out, “Why is there only one chair to sit on — there at the round table?”, I asked. Instead of replying, he passed me a wild smirk and that meant trouble.

“No! No way!”, I said. “Yes way”, he said. “Darshan, nO! Do you realize what you are saying? Are you mad? How can I?”, I said. “How can you not?”, he pouted. “You know I have back issues! And how long you do think I can sit on your lap?! And I do not have any intentions to sit on your lap!”, I warned. But my warning was of no use. He had picked me up and threw me over his back which I continued to hit.

“DARSHAN RAVAL! YOU PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW! I AM NOT GOING TO SIT ON YOUR LAP, IN A FUCKING SAREE!”, I swore and laughed. He helped me standing on the floor and sat on the chair. My eyes had watered and I was about to cry, when he pulled me in his lap. I sat on his thigh.

He smiled. I was fuming with anger but I melted when he kissed my cheek. “Come on! I won’t rip off your clothes and I won’t bite you, either!”, he said and laughed.

I buried my face on his chest and he started taking pictures. “What?!”, I asked him. “What?”, he asked me back. “Stop clicking pictures,” I rolled my eyes. He rolled his eyes, mimicking me. “I’m hungry!”, I said, as my stomach growled. “Eat me”, he whispered in my ears, sending chills down my spine.

“You‘re a snack and I do not eat snacks for dinner”, I smirked. “Oh baby, I’m a whole goddamn meal, that you’re much eager to eat”, he winked. Just the presence of this man turned me on, do you understand which state am I in, while I am in his lap, and he won’t let me go, either!

“Let me go, Darshan. My back hurts!”, I groaned and he ignored me, serving the delicious Mexican food on our plates. “Plate bhi ek hi rakh lete, doosre wali ki zaroorat hi kya thi?”, I taunted. He rolled eyes. And we ate in silence. Hah, you fell for that? You think I can ever eat my dinner so peacefully when Darshan is with me? Never in a trillion years, ever.

So he kept talking and talking about something that I definitely didn’t pay attention to. Instead I stared at him. How perfect he just looked. His jawline, his sharp teeth, his eyes, his beard, his long nose, his cute smile. His whole goddamn personality! He was just beyond perfection.

While I adored him, he caught me. And you know the next thing isn’t very pleasant, right?

*

Author’s note: WARNING! Sexual content in the next chapter 😏