Chapter 6 "The Concert"

The boys were all dressed somewhat normally. Gakupo wore a yellow t-shirt with black ripped jeans and converse. Kaito was missing his scarf and wore a grey t-shirt with dark blue jeans and coffee brown doc martins. Kiyoteru wore a white dress shirt rolled up above his elbow adorned with a navy blue tie. He wore black dress slacks and black dress shoes. Len on the other hand surprised me. A white t-shirt with a black undershirt with visible sleeves that were 2 centimeters longer, he had  a black wrist band and a sliver dog tag. He wore black skinny jeans and Nike Airs. I smiled a bit. And the boy has the audacity to tell me not to dress like a punk. They begin to sing. Their music held a certain aesthetic. The lyrics are mostly about new and inexperienced love. It's soft and sweet. I smiled to myself. At first I thought it was going to be just some dumb pretty boy band but my expectations are exceeded. "It feels like a calming breeze just passing by." I hear Mr. Kiyoteru and can't help but feel at peace. Kaito's voice is so soft and Gakupo's voice is deep and smooth like butter. Len's voice had warmth pouring out of it. He may be a bit too much at times but his voice is pretty great. I smile softly. And as soon as it started it was over. Of course I heard screaming girls and fan chants but they were all drowned out with my own thoughts. I turned towards the girls. "I'm gonna head outside." I said. Pretty sure they didn't hear me. I walked outside and sighed. I've never been really fond of loud places. School was an exception. Beings around my friends made it worth it... They were probably waiting to talk to Gensou Airly. I let my leg rest on the wall.

          "Hey!" I looked in every direction and spotted someone on the left side of the building. It was Len. He was still in his clothes from the show. "What happened to embarrassing us?" He walked up in front of me. "Well.. I kind of got lost in the music. And you? Why are you out here, little prince?" I crooked my brow. "Don't like crowds or girls yelling out my name... It's quite annoying..." He sighed. I chuckled a bit. "Kaito usually keeps me away from them but Meiko is here tonight and let's say the idiot got a bit..." "Distracted?" I raised a smirked. He nodded. "I thought idols aren't allowed to date." He nodded. "But... It's nice to believe we can save ourselves for someone special..." His cheeks turned a pink hue rather than their usual rosy red. "That's cheesy." I grinned. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever.. It was my attempt at being poetic." I looked up at the sky. I felt the cool wind against my face. "My turn! You know the whole red string of fate?" He nodded. "Maybe it's like that.. Never really believed in the whole thing but... It's kind of true. You'll wait and find the person you care for. Y'know?" I stared off into space. "That's dumb." I responded playfully. He huffed childishly. "Are you waiting for Miku or something like that?" I teased. "No. We're more like childhood friends..." He attempted to change the subject. He looked at me up and down. "I thought I told you not to dress like that." I shrugged. "It's just casual, comfy and warm." He rolled his eyes. "It suits you..." He mumbled shyly. "Woah. Is that a compliment... It's much appreciated." I twirled my hair with my index finger. "No way.." There was a small silence between us. "Anyways... Shouldn't you be heading home by now?" He fiddled with his black wristband. He avoided the question. "I skated here. What about you?" I raised a brow."Of course you did. My parents are running late..." I heard the girls and the rest of the Gensou Airly boys come out. "Hey guys!" Kaito waves. I waved back and Len rushed to his side out of instinct. "Sorry to be so sudden but can I pick up my board?" Meiko chuckled. "But of course." She ran to her car and swiftly came back with my board. "Thanks." They all slowly pored out. The boys went with the girls but I decided to wait with Len. Although he tried to convince me otherwise. "Do you want to wait it out. There's a nice park nearby?" He sighed again with annoyance and agreed. I picked up my board and signaled him to walk alongside me. "...okay.." He gave me weird look and reluctantly agreed.

          I attempted to make conversation but he wasn't having it. He seemed a bit bothered. We made it to the park but all the lights seemed to be turned off. He immediately stopped. I continued to walk out of instinct . "W-Where are you going.?" "Oh there's a playground and I just thought-" He cut me off. "Don't just leave me out here by myself in the dark!" He ran up to me and tugged at my sleeve. His hand was shaking a bit. "Are you afraid of the dark?" He just looked down either from embarrassment or fear. "Just hold my hand.. I know you don't like me that much but just for now..." I smiled softly. He gently held my hand and tangled his fingers into mine. I lead him alongside the pathway. Seemed this time he preferred being close. I don't completely understand him... We walked and I tried distracting him. "I dried your cardigan at home. Got the stain out too." He nodded looking away, quite bothered. "Don't forget to let your parents know you're in the park." I saw a lights around an area. The playground. We got there and Len seemed to be out of his trance. He still continued to hold my hand. His being cold. My brows furrowed. "You cold?" He huffed. "Of course I'm cold! It's 60 degrees out-" I left go of his hand and removed my flannel jacket. I put it around his shoulders. "Think smarter, little prince." His cheeks, ears and nose turned a rosy red. Either from the cold or... What a silly thought. I sat on the swing, put my board down and pushed my legs a bit. He came and sat down on a swing by me. He wore my jacket and it was a bit big on him. Who lets their kid go outside without a jacket? "If you don't mind me asking, What's your family like..?" This completely broke the walls he was trying to build around himself. "Well..." He paused from hesitation. "I lied when I said my parents are running late... They're divorced.. My dad works the night so I won't be home for another two hours.. My sister, Rin, is staying with our mom..." He stayed silent for a minute. "Anyways! You should leave. A girl shouldn't be alone this late in the night." I rolled my eyes. "and neither should you..." I made a soft smile. "I know we're not close enough to see each other as friends but you're not staying out here and neither am I." He furrowed his brows. "You're stubborn like a mule" He crossed his arms. I opened up my phone and called my dad. He answered. "Hey um pops..? Can you pick me and my friend up at the park?" He had a suprised tone. "Oh um. Sure?" He spoke. "Ah great. Thanks a million." I smiled. "Kay I'll see you in a bit!" I hung up.

     "We're gonna head to my home. There's food and it won't be cold." I closed my eyes and smiled. He mumbled a small. "Thank you... I'll let my dad know." I laughed a bit. "You know. When you open up.. you're not so bad." I covered my smiling expression. He huffed. "You're so honest. It's truly unbelievable." He's such an enigma. Thanking me then jabbing at me. "Seriously.. If you again don't mind me asking. I want to know what's on your mind Kagamine. What do you think of me based on first impression? Is that weird?" His eyes widened a bit and his hands clenched onto the chains of the swing. He was so quiet. Too quiet. Then I heard a small giggle. Then he just busted out laughing. My jaw dropped. His laugh was so pure and full of life. His smile was radiant like sunshine. Something you could bask in. Something I thought I had saw earlier today. He held his stomach and continued to laugh. "Dont laugh!." I felt my cheeks begin to heat up. I should've kept my cool. Looks whose blushing now (l/n). I instinctively looked down out of pure embarrassment. I could hear him trying to collect himself. "That's such a ridiculous question." I heard him wheeze a bit. Never had I seen someone smile like that. Especially for something that I did. Even if it was on purpose. This was purely accidental. "You're so weird and honest, (l/n). Well.. What I've learned so far is that you're clumsy and reckless.." I looked up. His voice began to show annoyance. "You act before you think. But you're kind and you own up to you're mistakes. You're not afraid to stand up to anyone. Which is why.. I truly think that you're so.." His voice eased up a bit. "Charming. In a weird way. Its admirable. I've never had a girl stand up to me before." His tinted red again. "We're both tomatos.." I poked his cheek. It was softy like dough. He inched closed to me. His eyes sparkling in the light. He then pinched both my cheeks. "You're so dumb, (l/n). I swear. One day you're gonna get yourself hurt!" He was steaming. "Mercy-" He stretched them out. We then heard the honk of a horn. It was my dad and my mom. My face went pale. Len looked at me and then my family. He was shaking. "We're screwed." I muttered. All my parent saw was a blond boy pulling at my face.