Chapter 18 "Our Promise"

My feet lightly tapped against the concrete as I began walking down the street of an oh so familiar neighborhood. As I passed the large houses I began to think of what Kagamine might want. Maybe he wanted to cut ties altogether  to avoid his father. Or maybe his father actually was there and he wanted to talk it out one on one. I shivered at the thought. I trust him enough that I've gotten this far though. My hold tightened on my bag tightened from stress. I took a shallow breath spotting the house. I took a left spotting a window near a bush. I knocked on the glass gently and shivered due to the cold. The window opened revealing a healthy looking Kagamine. He gently grabbed my wrist pulling me in.

          "Hey. You look a lot better." I smiled softly climbing into the house. I averted his gaze from me. "Ah um.. Yeah." He stepped away awkwardly. I fixed my pink sweater as he took a seat on the carpeted floor. He patted the floor in front of him. I took a seat while crossing my legs. "So.. what's up?"

           He looked down furrowing his brows clenching his fists. We sat in silence awaiting his response. He attempted to find the right words causing him to become more frustrated.
He took a deep breath before finally responding quietly.

           "You know my dad's wrong, right?" I shrugged. "(L/n)!" He scowled looking up at me. "That old man just thinks you're a bad influence but hes wrong! You're nothing like that!" My eyes widened out of flattery and shock. I've never seen him this upset before. "You're the clumsy, airhead (L/n). Not some idol stan!" He paused and sighed. "I really really like you... and for him to just completely try to distance me from you is stupid.." I felt the heat rise up from my neck to my face. My words began to stutter. "You... You like me?" I pointed at myself shaking. "Not in that way!" He moved closer cheeks and ears burning rosy red. He covered his face with his hand. "I just like being around you.." I patted his head. "I like being around you too." He smiled. "I like being around you and Kai and Kiyo and Gack.. You guys keep me company and push me around when I need it.. Thays something no one can take away from me." He looked up at the ceiling awkwardly. "For what it's worth, Kagamine. I dont think we'd let anyone take you away from us.." He half heartedly smiled. He looked back down sighing softly. "Hey, (L/n)? Can you promise me something?" He called out softly. No longer putting up his rude front. "Ah, sure!" He brushed his hair away from his face. "Just promise me no matter what happens you wont stay away." I nodded and held out my pinky. He raised a brow. "And while we're on the subject of promises let's make a pact. I'll start! First of all none of this (L/n) stuff. Its (N/n) or (Y/n)." He linked his pinky with mine. "Okay then.. No matter what stupid decisions I make you'll always be there for me." I nodded. "I can always come over to drag you away from boredom." He giggled. "Of course.. erm.. One day you'll sing with me okay?" I looked away and shrugged still unsure of my voice. "I guess. Let's see... Hmm... Ah, got it! Never let your dear, (Y/n) go hungry." He whined. "C'mon (L/n). None of your have been serious so far!" I shrugged. "Fine then.. You'll always try to be honest with me." He smiled. "That's more like it. And for last.. Dont fall in love with me, kay?" He looked down at the ground. I couldnt help but laugh a little breaking our intertwinging finger to cover my laughter. "What's that supposed to mean, Kagamine?" I brushed the tears from the corner of my eyes trying to control my laughter. He huffed. "I just dont need another Miku situation, alright?" I gave him my pinky as we closed the bridge off sealing our pact with our thumbs. "Alright, (L/n)- I mean.. (Y/n). Our friendship is sealed." I held my knees to my chest smiling at his childishness. "Alright, Len." His face reddened as I called him by his first name. "Is there something wrong?" I tilted my head a bit. He shook his. "No. It's just nice I guess." I chuckled and scratched the back of my neck. '"What's that supposed to mean?" He smirked and held tightly onto his blue long sleeve sweater. "Its better than. Oi Kagamine!" He mocked my voice giving it a rough edge. "I do not sound like that!" He poked me. "Yeah you do." He covered his mischievous smile. He pushed himself up and sprawled himself on his bed. I sat on the floor moving closer to the bed resting my back on his bed. He turned on his television letting whatever play. He stretched his body and rested chest first onto his sheets letting his head rest at the end next to mine. I poked his head. "Hey!" He held his head staring at the screen.

          We both sat in a comfortable silence watching some random teen drama. I rested my head on his bed closing my eyes letting out a calm breath of air. He tapped my shoulder lightly throwing a blanket on me. I smiled and thanked him groggily. He hushed me and turned the volume of the TV down. My current plan wasnt to fall asleep but just to rest my body a bit after a draining day. Yet, Len's presence made it better oddly. I find him a little bit comforting. I snuggled myself underneath the blanket causing Len to laugh again. I closed my eyes resting my head down. My body now resting under the soft plush cover that was Len's blanket offering me warmth making me the most calm I'd been in the past few weeks. He gently patted my head again.

"I'll let you know when it's time to go. For now just rest, kay?"