Memory lane

Please excuse my mistakes

Comment, vote, enjoy 😊

-

It had been a few days since Jay returned to East's house. Things had been going smoothly between the two. They'd discovered that communication wasn't key to a healthy relationship, comprehension was.

What was the point of talking out an issue if what they were saying to each other was going through one ear and out the other? They learned to take the time and really listen to one another, to break down what one was saying and understand where the other were coming from.

Being best friends was way easier than being on lovey-dovey terms. There weren't official yet but when Jay said he chose East he meant he was choosing to work on developing a relationship. The older man wanted Jay to be his but at the same time didn't want to rush anything.

Now that it was Saturday meaning he had the whole day to spend with Jay. After a long and hard week of him recording in the studio and promoting he'd finally be able to relax with his favorite person.

It was 2pm and Jay wasn't up yet. Usually the younger boy was up early in the morning but he'd been extra tired lately.

East was bored out of his mind. There was nothing to do and no one to bother since Jay was asleep so, he decided to wake him up.

The older man knew waking the younger boy out of his sleep would probably result in a black eye but he was willing to take the chances.

He stood up and made his was down the hall to guest room Jay slept in.

Jay was keen on keen on having his own room. Not because of what happened but because of him needing his own space and wanting to take baby steps.

But some nights he needed some comfort he slept in East's room.

East made his way towards the light skinned boy's room and saw that Jay in a deep sleep
It kind of scared him though. When Jay slept, you could barely tell if he was breathing.

He walked over to Jay and softly shook him but revived no response. The action was repeated and this time Jay flew up and frantically looked around the room.

East flinched and grabbed Jay's arm, "Chill it's just me."

Jay turned and faced East with droopy eyes, "What happened?" He asked in a groggy voice.

The older man's face softened. He started to feel bad for waking him up.

He soothingly rubbed on Jay's back, "You been sleeping the whole day. It's time for you to get something to eat Stink."

Jay nodded in agreement and hopped up off of the bed.

"Imma go brush my teeth." He said as he walked towards the bathroom.

In the mean time East went to make some breakfast for him. He made three pancakes and fried up some eggs and Italian sausages.

By the time he was finished Jay sat up on the bed and scrolled through Instagram. He had just shot a new music video and people were going crazy over it.

As usual there were positive an negative comments but it didn't bother him. You weren't winning until you had people hating on you. Some even commented on his baby bump. But he didn't care.

Jay looked up at the plate of food in East's hands, licked his lips and reached for it.

East pulled back and smirked, "Put the phone down."

The younger boy smacked his lips and mugged the older man, "Stop playin'." He whined.

A glint of amusement flashed in the older mans eyes, "That's a attitude?" He asked. East thought it was quite cute