Lost Time

Please excuse my mistakes

Vote, comment and enjoy

-

7 years earlier

Crystal and Kareem sat sprawled out her living room sofa as they watched re- runs of Friends and snacked on skittles. Every other day it was the same thing. Kareem would stop by, they'd have sex and then watch tv. Once in a while he'd take her out if he want busy making drops.

It became a routine that Crystal had began to hate. It was sad to say but Crystal was becoming the side chick.

Yes, her and Kareem had been together long before he and Monique had been messing around but, Monique was the mother of his child.

"Kareem, I don't know if I can do this anymore. It just doesn't feel right. You got your baby mother and child at home while you here laid up with me. It ain't right." She admitted as she sat up off of his chest.

Kareem smacked his lips in annoyance. "You already know where we stand baby. Yeah I might be living with her but only because of Jay. You know that. I love you." He stressed as he pulled her back on his chest and began rubbing on her thigh.

Monique was a mistake. If he could go back he would. He regretted ever sleeping with that woman but not his son. His son was the light of his life. He regretted ever going to that party which resulted in him cheating on Crystal. He fucked up, really bad yet she still stood by his side.

"I don't want to be with her but you know I can't leave him like that. Monique got problems. She needs help." He huffed.

"I love you too Reem but I don't wanna live the rest of my life as the other woman. It hurts me knowing you going home to a whole family as soon as you l-."

Kareem cut her off with a slow, passionate kiss and pressed his forehead against hers.
"All I need is to get custody. Then we can be happy. We can get married, move out of Harlem, anything you want ight." He promised.

Suddenly Crystal burst out in tears. Kareem scrunched his face in confusion until she revealed a small piece of paper.

A sonogram.

"I ain't know how to tell you Keemy. You already got so much going on. I didn't want to stress you out even more."

Kareem stood quite as he observed the bean shaped figure. He then place his large hand over her stomach which made her flinch but relax under his soft touch.

He lifted her chin so that they were now looking intensely in each other's eyes. "You really pregnant?" He asked.

Crystal shyly nodded her head in response.

At her surprise Kareem pulled her into a strong embrace and began planting kisses all over her face.

"You're not mad?"

"Nah, I ain't mad. Everything happens for a reason. This a blessing." He assured.

"But what are we gonna do. If she finds out she'll take Ja-."