Wishing you were here

Please excuse my mistakes

Like, comment, enjoy💕

-

The faint beeps from the heart machine echoed throughout the hospital room.

"Hey East." Jay whispered as he held onto one of East's hands. "It's been 2 months, 60 days or exactly 84,000 minutes since we've last spoken. Since you've made me breakfast in bed and held me at night and played with my hair until I'd fall asleep." He sniffed and continued.

"Police found out who shot you. Your
dashboard camera caught everything. But don't worry imma handle that tho. I don't know if y'all had beef or whatever but he not finna get away with this. On everything he not."

"I hate seeing you like this. Hooked up to a machine, not being able to breath on your own. Doctors telling us you near brain dead, telling us we should take you off of the machine. But nah, imma leave it up to you. If you can't fight no more then let go. I don't want you to be suffering. Just promise me you'll watch over me and the baby."

He paused for a minute feeling his chest closing in. "I'm so fucking sorry bro but it's not yours. And I don't know what to do. It's a bitter sweet situation. If you died and the baby was yours, he would be growing up without a father. But at the same time I would have a piece of you to keep me sane. It's jus- I don't even feel like my self right now. My whole world is falling apart."

Jordan watched and listened to Jay as he leaned against the doorway. He felt so bad for him. The man hadn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. Him, Taymor and Rakim had been forcing him to eat. Jay was a complete and total mess for the past two months.

"Jay." He softly called out. "You need some rest, remember we got shit to handle tomorrow." He reminded.

The younger nodded and stood up while placing a hand on his big, round stomach. "You right." He said as he dragged his feet outside of the room.

Jordan placed a protective arm around Jay shoulder and a his hand on his belly as they exited the hospital and entered his car.

"I'm taking you back to my place tonight. You don't need to be alone right now."

Jay gave a faint smile and a quiet 'thank you' as they drove off.

"Stay positive lil bro. You one of the strongest lil niggas I know." Said Jordan as he ruffled the younger's soft, curly hair.

"I'm trying but it's like as soon as everything going good for me something bad happens and fucks it up."

"It's sad to say but that's life. Bad things happens to good people."

"This shit ain't fair bruh. Don't I deserve to be happy." Jay croaked as he peered our throught the car window.

"You do and you will be. You think East would want you to be sad for the rest of your life?"

Jay stood quite.

"Huh?"

"No." Jay mumbled.

"And he wouldn't want to same for me either. I don't think you've noticed but I'm dying inside right now. I knew that nigga since we was in dippers. We been gangbanging and everything since we was youngin'." He paused and took a deep breath.