Jingle Bells Pt. 1

Please excuse my mistakes

Vote, comment, and most of all enjoy!

-

Jay sat on his bed with papers sprawled out all over. He held onto his bright red screaming child shushing him, bringing no avail. Mosi had caught his first cold causing the past week to a hectic and stressful one.

"Alright, alright." Jay cooed as he readjusted the infant so that his head was placed over his shoulder. He then gently patted his back but that was a terrible idea. Mosi spit up on a couple of Jay's project papers.

Jay gasped and gently placed his son in front of him. He looked down disappointingly at the document and picked it up, shaking the spit-up off it in hopes to salvage it.

He pouted. It was no use.

The young man cursed to himself, massaging his temple. "Come on munchkin" he sighed, you messed up daddy's project paper."

The strong-lunged baby continued release piercing cries. Never in his life did Jay feel so helpless. He placed a hand on Mosi's stomach in attempts to comfort him.

Usually East would be the one to calm him down. That was his thing. But East wasn't there at the moment. He'd gone out to pick up a couple of food pans.

It was the early Christmas morning and East was getting his chef on. Later they'd be going over his mother's house to celebrate with the whole family.

Jay brought his knees up to his chest and rocked back and forth. "I don't know what to do", he repeated to himself. The man felt as if he were going crazy. With all the stress, he'd reached his breaking point.

"I gave you your medicine. Fed and burped you, changed your diaper. I'm just tryna get some work done. What else do you need?"

He let out a shaky breath and his lips began to quiver, "I can't do this no more." He cried, worsening his already pounding headache.

It was Christmas break. Around this time of year, he'd usually be making some drops for some extra cash or partying. Something of that nature. But now he was drowned in work and had a baby to look after. He was facing something that he feared the most.

Priorities. And it was whipping his ass.

-

East entered their apartment only to hear cries echo throughout the space. He frowned at the sound of his upset baby boy. He set down the shopping bags, removed his coat, and called out to Jay.

"Stink!" He yelled out, "What wrong with munchkin?" He questioned as he walked into the bathroom to wash his hands.

The older man furrowed his eyebrows when he didn't receive a response. "The fuck?" He thought. East proceeded towards their shared master bedroom and popped his head through the door.

The baby boy was screaming his head off and Jay day with a blank expression, yet looking as if he were about to explode. He approached both of them and pulled off his pants while placing his cane at the bedside.

He sat down, "Woah. what happened?", he asked in a baby voice as he gently picked up his son and rocked him. He placed a hand on the infant's forehead. He was warm, indicating his fever came back.