Chapter 13 : March For Italica.

As King Herald Segudson the hammer of Nordland stood upon the walls of the Fortress Bastion he looked down upon the stone roads that had so recently been erected for the sake of better logistics.

And marching on those very same roads was King Herald's army. Numbering over 50.000 Nordland Soldiers, along with over 3000 White Knights and 23.000 light Nordlander Cavalrymen.

As they march in a column formation. 2 Nordland Giants follow up there massive swords and helmets shining in the sunny day that had so recently befell the lands of Falmart on the night of December 25th.

Behind the Giants were Nordland Bombards followed by smaller forms of Artillery in the form of Terror Arrow Gun Scorpios.

Indeed it was a mighty army. Just then King Salmere flew to King Herald mounted upon his Dragon mount and trusted companion he said to Herald “ It seems you've chosen a target my friend. Don't you think a force of this size would be noticed ? ”

King Herald scuffed
“ Not to worry my Dragon riding friend, I have a reason for bringing such a large number of my own men. ”

King Herald Segudson then looked at Salmere the Dragon King and he said to his friend
“ Where shall you take your Dragon Knights ? ”

King Salmere said to him
“ I shall be off hunting this.... Flame Dragon. For surely such a beast must be killed. ”

King Herald nodded and wished him Good fortune before both He and his Dragon Riders flew off into the Sunset.

King Herald thought to himself. I'm not sure if this... Saderans even have a mind to accept a peace. He thought to himself.

As his army marched out ready to stand by they're Lord's side until the bitter end of this war between the People of Nordland and the Saderan Empire.

King Herald looked out upon the sunset, and as he hair flew due to the wind one of the Nordlander retainers came and said “ My Lord. ” the Nordland retainer then presented there king with his horse.

“ thank you, my humble companions. ” King Herald said as he was mounting his horse King Herald's retainers helped him up and gave him his Sword and Cavalry spurs. Before riding there own horses to follow there King. And with King Herald was a Bodyguard unit of 300 armed  Varangians.

As King Herald galloped across the Field infront of his army the men cheered him on giving off words of Praise and Cheer, while the Nordlander Veterans kept the younger lads in fighting and disciplined order.

And with a wave of his sword, King Herald ordered the march for Italica. The Nordlanders kept to there disciplined marching order and organised nature, they also march at a steady pace. Marching for miles to be completed in 5 hours.

However it was not the first time the Nordlanders had to perform a strenuous march however, as in Nordland they learned to march vast distances in Hours. It was necessary due to fighting Orks and all manner of foes.

As King Herald marched up the Road one of the Knights said to him “ My Lord, there's smoke coming from that city. ” he then pointed at it with his Cavalry lance.

King Herald ordered the army to halt in there march he then said
“ Sir Klement, tell your knights  to see what has occurred in that city I do not wish to march into an ambush the moment we march over there. ”

“ Yes my lord. ” Sir Klement Replied “ White Knights of the Second Company, perform Vanguard action ! ”

Sir Klement and his Knights were loyal and they were dedicated knights and would follow whatever command there Lords may give to them as Sir Klement and his knights galloped up to a small vantage Point. Sir Klement and his Knights saw that the city was under siege by what appears to be an army of Hungry Bandits

Sir Klement keeping to Nordland protocol observed the enemy from afar. The bandits threw themselves at the walls of the city even as the militias within held the line with determined pride.

Sir Klement also spotted a group of heavy armored Soldiers he said “ Ah, so this Saderans have knights of there own. ”

“ Should we engage sir ? ” asked a Nordland White Knight.

Sir Klement answered him
“ No, we shall not we are here to scout not engage the enemy army. We wait here and when they finish with this battle we shall exchange Honorable pleasentries with the knights over there. ” and so the second company of white knights stood where they were and merely observed the battle from afar.

Princess Pina is hard pressed. The militias were being pushed to the absolute breaking point. Again the Bandits charged and tried to storm the walls, using escalade teams utilising Ladders and then climbing up upon the walls however the militias stood strong and threw the assault back into the dirt from which it came. As the ladder teams fell the impact snaped a few bones and having no other option the bandits retreated.

Princess Pina was relieved at last the assault has ended, then suddenly she saw a group of Knights riding down towards them from a small hill. Pina assumed this were reinforcements but she then noticed the white Garments and tunics as well as a completely different set of armor.

Pina said
“ Hey, you there ! Stop where you are ! ”

Then the Nordlander knights moved over the side, and one White Knight came forward.

Sir Klement galloped over and said “ I am sir Klement, captain of the second company of White Knights. To whom do we owe the pleaser of meeting such a worthy knight such as yourself ? ”

The Nordlander White knights and Princess Pina have meet and now they would be her only chance to lift the siege