Chapter 14 : Arriving At Italica.

As both Pina and Sir Klement look at each other. Pina was not sure at this strange knights who have so recently just arrived at the very city which she was defending mere moments ago, as far as she is concerned they could be with the bandits.

Yet again this... Sir Klement spoke with merit and his accent was different from the Saderan tounge.

Princess Pina asked
“ Why have you come here Sir Klement ? Italica is currently under siege. ”

Sir Klement thought for a moment then he replied “ We came here to aid in your defence Princess Pina, we have a... "detachment " of troops so to speak waiting to come over and assist. ”

Princess Pina was surprised, this man is offering her reinforcements to help lift this bloody siege, but she still isn't convinced about Sir Klement or his motives and so she asked
“ How do I know you'll keep your word ? and how do I know your not with the bandits ? ”

Sir Klement then asked
“ Tell me Princess, how many true soldiers do you have inside that city you so brazenly stand upon ? ”

Princess Pina went silent and she couldn't give an answer to the question that Sir Klement asked her mere moments ago she didn't want to give away the true gravity of the situation.

Sir Klement then looked at his knights then Pina heard marching and the movement of cavalry hooves and to her shock the Nordland army was larger then she had anticipated. The Nordlanders marched in perfect unison, with 2 Giants and Bombards and all manner of other Nordland Troops from there army roster.

King Herald then Road up to the walls and Sir Klement informed him of the situation, King Herald smiled and said to his soldiers 
“ MEN ! WHAT KIND OF MEN ARE WE !? ”

The Nordlanders responded by raising there weapons on high and chanting " SOLDIERS! SOLDIERS! SOLDIERS! SOLDIERS!”

King Herald then looked at Pina and the people of Italica who were awed at the Nordlander display, and as Pina looked at King Herald the Hammer of Nordland. King Herald responded “ As you can see Princess, we brought more soldiers then you did. ”

Then a Voice from the column spoke up and she said “ It is a Good idea to let them in the city your highness. ”

It was Lelei who had agreed to come with the Nordlanders to sell dragon scales at Italica. She said “ This men can be trusted, they saved the Coda Village. And they have a high esteem for those they concider Honorable. ”

Princess Pina contemplated and after much perplexity and debate she concluded that maybe this Nordlanders would be a useful asset in this siege and so she let them in and discussed with both  King Herald and Sir Klement about how best to defend the city.

Princess Pina said
“ I shall assign your forces to the south gate so as to - ”

Sir Klement said
“ Excuse me if I'm wrong Princess but you cannot seriously be suggesting we defend one little Gate with a force of our size. ”

King Herald replied
“ I concure with my Knight, this is not an ideal spot for a force such as the army I have assembled here. ”

Princess Pina then said
“ That's the point, your going to be the bate and when your engaged with the bandits I'll swoop in and - ”

King Herald cut her off
“ Princess No, your asking us to defend one little Gate with a force that could cover the entire City without much difficulty. The bandits will stand out on the limestone, I find it unlikely they would choose to attack in such a direction. The best ways to attack the city is by attacking the east Gate. Because The night makes for a wonderful camouflage. ”

Princess Pina's eyes open wide and it was then she realised her grave tactical error. “ But King Herald, I've already given the order ! ”

King Herald and Sir Klement looked at each other nodding in a calm manner before the two of them left to confront there forces and when the 2 men got outside they found both the Rose Knights and Nordlanders arguing and throwing insults at each other due to Pina's horrible plan of action.

But the Rose Knights found the Nordlanders to be experts at insults, as they found it near impossible to answer back at them as the Nordlanders were insulted by the plan to just let them die and They take the Glory.

One Nordlander swordman said
“ BLOODY COWARDS ! ”

another shouted
“ C'MON YOU BASTARDS ! SHOW US WHAT YOU CAN DO IN THE FRONT LINES ! ”

The Nordlander Veterans troops however keeped the lads from getting too unruly and the presence of the King silenced them. And the Nordlanders looked at him with attention.

King Herald said
“ I WILL NOT STAND IDLE ! GARRISON ALL THE GATES AND PREPARE FOR AN EARLY MORNING NIGHT ATTACK ! ”

“ Cheer you men of Nordland !  Cheer ! ” said a Nordlander as they cheered him on they got to work and prepared for then battle to come.