Chapter 24 : Siege Of The Imperial Capital.

Finally... That deciding moment has come, The Nordlander Armies prepare to march towards Sadera itself.

Nordlander Engineers prepare Sapping equipment, Siege Engines and other things necessary for a Siege. Nordlander soldiers polish there armor and weapons. While King Duran and his Elbe troops prepare to Join there Nordlander Overlords.

Those Nobles who have turned to the Nordlander side months before were now being called up for Duty. And are now bringing there Falmartian Levies over to assist in the Siege.

King Salmere walked into a Medical Tent, hundreds of Sick Falmartians lay there alongside Wounded Nordlander Troops who emmidiatelly gently nodded there heads in Respect to King Salmere.

King Salmere then found a Sleeping Elf, it was Tuka. That Elven Girl who lost her village and father to the Flame Dragon but that Beast is Dead now. King Salmere approached the Sleeping Elf. And she was beautiful to Behold. And there King Salmere said “ May your father be at Peace. Just know that when you wake up... You'll be pleased to know that I've slain the Beast. ”

King Salmere then Place a piece of the Flame Dragon's scales on the Table Next to her and even placed a Letter down for Tuka.

King Salmere then went outside and saw his 300 Dragon Rider Companions awaiting Him. They were dismounted and were either cleaning and maintaining there weapons or feeding there Dragon mounts. Whom they've grown a mutual respect towards one another.

King Salmere walked up to his men and said “ Ready yourselves. The Imperial Capital lay wide open for a Decisive blow. ”

The Nordlander Dragon Riders emmidiatelly stood up and started to Equip themselves for the Coming battle. They got there weapons and Armor and mounted there Dragons.

One Nordlander Dragon Rider asked “ Sir, should we use our Dragon's fire breath ? ” he asked.

King Salmere replied
“ No, we want to city relatively Intact so that the New Emperor of Sadera can rule from Sadera itself. It would be Wasteful just to destroy it outright. ” King Salmere then got on his Dragon mount and with the Wind gently flapping his hair. He drew his Sword and they Flew for Sadera.

King Lancaster however was Quicker then the others, as his army if 30.000 Nordlander Soldiers and 5000 Grey Knights got to Sadera first and promptly layed siege to it.

Inside the Imperial Capital the situation wasn't at all Good. The Senators were in a Panic and the City was Already being Bombarded by Nordlander Bombards and more Primitive but effective Trebuchets.

Emperor Molt looked out upon his Window. It was Night time and already his city was being bombarded. He could see Thousands of Nordlander Soldiers. The City was sorrounded on all Sides with no Hope for a Break Out.

The Aquiducts that had supplied the city with water then suddenly Exploded. Molt was puzzled by this and then he saw what had caused the Explosion. Nordlander Sappers and Engineers have sabotaged all the Means in which Sadera could restock on Food and Water.

And Nordlander Soldiers made it impossible to Forage for Food. All around Screams could be heard from Sadera's Population. As Nordlander Trebuchets launched flaming Boulders over the City walls and Nordlander Bombards destroyed Large Sections of the Walls sorrounding Sadera.

“ Fire, Fire ! ” one Falmartian shouted. As he and his family tried to put out the Fires burning there House. And This fire had already destroyed several different buildings already.

“ Look out ! ” Another man Shouted as he and his Family and even 5 Other Families and 3 Soldiers were Suddenly Consumed by a Nordlander Fire Pot fired from a Trebuchet. All of them screamed and were Burned Alive.

The Saderan Ballistas were useless, the Nordland Artillery Out ranged Them and they were swiftly Destroyed by Nordlander Bombards.

King Lancaster Road along the Front Ranks of his Men, they've prepared for this Siege and Are Ready to see it through till the End. He looked back at the City as it was Burning “ May we be forgiven for all the Death that Happens here Tonight. ”

King Lancaster then heard Galloping from behind his Ranks. When he turned around he saw a Nordlander Scout galloping up to him in a Horse.

The Nordlander Scout said
“ My Lord, King Cambyses and King Duran of Elbe are marching there armies here as we Speak. And King Salmere and Herald are scheduled to arrive the Next Day. ”

King Lancaster nodded
“ Good, you may be dismissed ” he said and the Nordlander scout returns to where he came from.

The Bombardment didn't Stop. King Lancaster ordered that the Bombardment Continue until the Sun Rises the Next Day. And the Nordlander Artillery Officers complied.

The Bombardment lasted to 17 Whole Hours. Entire Sections of the City, including the Red Light District was Virtually Burnt to the Ground with nothing but burned Buildings.

Hundreds of Thousands died during that Night of Bombardment. So effective was Nordlander Bombardment of the City that most Areas where Virtually Flatenned with Burnt buildings and Rubble.

Hundreads of Saderans Already died that Night. And only 5000 Saderan Legionnaires remained. Only being Supplemented by A Rag Tag Militia of 30.000 Men. It was not an Ideal situation to be in and to make matters worse for the Saderans More Nordlanders would be Coming.

But Perhaps the most important thing that will Happen this Night will not be a Bombardment of Nordland's finest Artillery but rather it was to be the Actions of A Nordlander Spy within the Imperial Capital that would decide the Fate of this Siege.

The Destiny of Falmart now lay in Myuute's hands.