Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Fairygodmothers

"It's your choice if you're going to ask him further." Pagtatapos ni Mama.

Napahimas ako sa aking noo, halos hindi ko maiproseso ang lahat ng narinig ko mula sa kanya. And it was just a part of what had happened, paano pa ang buong kwento?

Everthing I've heard was too impossible to imagine! And Wayto's--- all I could say was why...

"I-I think I need to rest." I said. I really don't know what to do next, marami pa akong katanungan but my mother insisted that it was him who has the rights to tell me everything.

Isa pa, wala na silang mas malalim pang nalaman sa pagitan ni Wayto at ni lolo. Yes, Wayto's last few words in the cemetery matched my mother's. Si lolo na inakala kong malaki ang galit sa kahit sinong Arellano ay may ugnayan mismo kay Wayto.

I don't understand at all. My grandfather suggested to everyone that I should be sent away to other country just to put a good distance away from White Arellano, was that really his reason or it was just part of his plan with Wayto?

I felt betrayed again. Not just by Wayto, my family but my also my favorite person. Buong akala ko ay tanging si lolo na lang ang kakampi ko, but it turned out that they were accomplice.

What the hell is going on?

All I thought was this whole thing was crafted through dirty politics, but everything was beyond that.

My mom kissed my forehead. "I hope you were enlightened."

I wanted to say no, but I just let it slide. My rest turned into thinking and asking, but I still have no strength to move and ask him. Because it would put another pool of tears.

It's not yet healthy to talk with him.

I spent my last few weeks in the Philippines a little bit better, hindi na ako umiiyak o nag-iisip ng tungkol sa nakaraan. I never bothered myself checking social medias, they could go to hell with my scandal.

For the first time, Kito and I had a proper date. Ako mismo ang nagyaya sa kanya bilang pagbawi sa lahat ng kalokohang ginawa ko at pandadamay sa kanya.

We watched movie, eat dinner, walked in the park and laughed with each other with different stories. He's really my ideal prince, he's almost perfect, gentleman, handsome and all.

But... well, there's always buts.

"So after your graduation, babalik ka pa ba?"

"Yes." Mabilis kong sagot.

"For another-" ngumisi ako sa kanya at umiling.

"No silly acts again." Napahinga siya ng maluwag.

"Good to hear that."

Nagpatuloy kaming dalawa sa paglalakad. "What's the feeling of in love?" he asked na siyang ikinagulat ko.

"It's been what? Two years, right? Sa two years ba nating hindi pag-uusap, wala kang nakilalang babae?"

"A lot."

"And nothing got your interest?" saglit siyang natigilan.

"Is that love?"

"I think that's the start."

"Hmm..." sagot niya.

"Kito, I have a question..."

"Did you ever had you know... a slight interest in me? Hey, don't get me wrong, I am just curious."