Comatose

Summery: AU It has been a fewdays since being proven innocent of Robert Hammond's murder andshooting his own father during DL-6. His father is not dead, butmight as well be, the incident putting him in a state of coma for 15years. With New Years coming up, the Prosecutor Miles Edgeworthdecides to pay a visit his father in the hospital and face his fearof his father waking up to a disappointment of a son.

A Gregory Edgeworth coma what-if scenario.

Considering the outcome of the trial, Miles Edgeworth was allowed to return back to work. Lana Skye was especially relieved to find one of her best prosecutors back in the office. The DL-6 case was finally solved and Manfred Von Karma's hold on him was finally released. Of course, Miles had been ignoring all the phone calls from Fransizka,the daughter. He needed time to think, to figure out what to do from here on out. He knew for certain he couldn't go back to the man he once was.... he couldn't.

The prosecutor remembered that memory quite clearly; the day that changed his life forever, the day his father was shot and fell into adeep sleep, a coma-like state. He wasn't dead, but he might as well have been. The doctors said there was a chance that if his father woke up, he'd have no memory or would be brain dead. Though, no matter the outcome, his father would not be the same. It devastated the young Miles Edgeworth to the point he forced himself to accept the fact his father was dead.

Of course, the ridiculous Phoenix Wright had been badgering him about visiting his father. Even if his brain was damaged somewhat, he was still his father no matter what. Having been without parents all of his life, Phoenix found his friend and rival lucky to have his father still alive, regardless of the outcome. He could never understand.He was an orphan, who never experienced having and losing parents and yet, once again, was giving the young prosecutor more unnecessary feelings. 'What son wouldn't visit his father in the hospital?'Obviously those morons that asked that question didn't understand what it was like to truly lose a father both physically and mentally.It wasn't like Miles could get a spirit medium to call his father back from the dead. It wasn't much, but it was at least something.

Miles was closing up his office. Tomorrow, he would have his three days off due to the New Years. At least there was something he could look forward to. As a prosecutor, he had Holidays off. It was always nice to have days where he didn't have to do anything. Those were the best times. Now, that Manfred Von Karma was out of his life, he could truly do nothing with his schedule wiped cleaned. Was this what it truly was like to be free? No blackmails, no doubts in his investigations, no looking after a certain incompetent detective, no idiot childhood friends bothering him with calls and letters, no mentors that complained about every single little thing he did. No,he was free.

Free huh? Well, not completely. Had Miles known that his former mentor was the one that shot his father, he'd have become a Defense Attorney a long time ago. He couldn't just quite his job and be done with it. He had a responsibility and can't think about his own selfish desires. That was just the way it was. Besides that, he did enjoy his job anyways and it wasn't like he didn't save other people as a prosecutor. Still.....

what was Miles Edgeworth supposed to do now?