To Achieve Perfection

Summary: Returning back from Germany, Franziska feels like she had lost in her mission for revenge. At times like these, it is always good to go back to your roots. Returning home to her Mama, Franziska learns that even a loss can be a victory.

It was supposed to be relieving, a time to celebrate her glorious victory in defeating Phoenix Wright's winning streak. Franziska had finally brought her cowardly little brother out and had been a witness to seeing the defeat of Phoenix Wright. While it had not been her to prosecute, due to the obvious gunshot wound on her shoulder, the fact that  she managed to help out bringing Phoenix Wright his defeat was good enough. So long as Phoenix Wright was defeated, Franziska saw no complaints. So then, why did it feel like she had lost?

Had Phoenix Wright responded in defeat, perhaps it would leave Franziska with satisfaction in getting the revenge she long sought, but he was happy. Phoenix Wright had faced defeat with that annoying smile on his face and Miles Edgeworth was completely fine with it. This was no victory for Phoenix Wright. How could it? Franziska could not accomplish her objective in taking her revenge on both Miles Edgeworth for leaving her and Phoenix Wright for being responsible for Miles Edgeworth leaving her. Both of them would celebrate with pure joy and victory, while Franziska would leave in shame and defeat. Where did Franziska go wrong?

There was one thing that Phoenix Wright did leave Franziska with, besides defeat, it was a new prospective of Defense Attorneys. In the past, Franziska had thought every Defense Attorney were nothing more than abettors for criminals. Phoenix Wright was the first Defense Attorney that only sought to save those that were falsely accused. It was only from the Maxamillion Galactica Case that Franziska realized this. It made sense now why her little brother would be so close to someone like Phoenix Wright of all people. He was a true genuine Defense Attorney.

But then, where did this leave Franziska? She sighed as she listened to the pilot announcing their landing in Germany. Perhaps seeing Mama will lift her spirits, even if just a little.

Arriving back home in the limousine, the driver opened the door for her, handing her luggage. Franziska made her way to the mansion where her family lived. Seeing Mama with her black dress with white polka dots and collar made her smile. Franziska didn't hold back hugging her Mama, who was overjoyed in seeing her daughter.

"It's good to see you again. You had your Mama all worried. I was afraid I'd have to go over to the states myself, Darling," Mrs. Von Karma said.

"I was perfectly fine, as always, Mama," Franziska replied, showing a softer and more genuine smile.

"Hm... did you remember to visit your Papa?"

"Yes. He says he was happy to see my face again. We made small talk and nothing else. I didn't want to bring up anymore drama."

"That's good. Be sure to visit him as much as you can. He is still your papa."

"What about you, Mama?" Franziska asked, furrowing her eyebrows slightly.

"I will make time for visitations, as any wife would."

"That's good," Franziska replied, then showed a slight frown. Even seeing Mama could never get rid of the defeat she felt in her heart.

Mrs. Von Karma frowned slightly, then said, "Come in, Franzy. Mama will make you tea and your favorite cake." She smirked proudly.

"You made Lime Cake for me?" Franziska asked with her face full of surprise.

"With sprinkles shaped like stars. Just the way you like it," Mrs. Von Karma winked.

"Perfect in every way as always."