Merry Deathmas

Summary: It's getting close to Christmas and Edgeworth is already seeing Kay and Gumshoe preparing his office for the Holidays. Unfortunately, due to certain unfortunate circumstances and that day being the anniversary of his father's death, Edgeworth is uncertain if this will be a good Christmas for him this year. One visitor says otherwise.

Edgeworth walked into his office with his briefcase. It was going to be busy this month, especially with his latest case. As soon as he entered into his office, his eyes widened at what he witnessed, until he saw who was inside his office. He quietly sighed as Kay, who was on the ladder by the bookshelf, pinned the last paper snowflake on the top of the bookshelf. She grinned excitedly.

"Hey, Mr. Edgeworth! You like what I did?" Kay asked proudly.

"It's...creative," Edgeworth replied plainly, noticing all the snowflakes taped along the top bookshelves, the Christmas Tree lit up with colorful lights and garlands wrapped around it and green fake flowers in a vase with gold glitter on his desk.

"Oh co'mon, you can at least act excited," Kay pouted.

"Um... whooooooooop?"

"Agh, you seriously need to work on your people skills. That sounded more like a fart than someone excited for the Holidays."

"My apologies. I did get you and the Detective something."

"Yeeeeee! You can put them under the tree. I haven't put any ornaments yet, but it's still good to put some presents there."

"Hm... I suppose some decoration wouldn't hurt. Perhaps some lights along the windowsill will do some good."

"See, there's the Christmas Spirit! I can bring the chicken when Christmas rolls around."

"No. No. I'll bring it. You've already worked so hard decorating my office. I should at least participate in the festivities," Edgeworth offered, showing a rare smile.

"Okay then, Mr. Rich Man," Kay smirked teasingly. Detective Gumshoe appeared from behind Edgeworth. "Hey Gummy!"

"Wow, you decked this place up really well, Kay. If I'd known you were going to do this, I would've brought my popcorn garland," Gumshoe said, looking all around.

"That won't be necessary, Detective. Pess ate it the last time you brought it and almost choked on the string, remember?" Edgeworth reminded his detective.

"Oh yeah! Geez."

"Pess?" Kay asked.

"My dog. I bring him to work on Christmas, so my housekeeper can spend time with her family," Edgeworth explained.

"That's nice of you and you have a dog!? Why don't you ever bring him along? Gummy brings his!"