The Yatagarasu's Beginning

Summery: After being caught stealing evidence, the young Miles Edgeworth inspires to become the Great Thief Yatagarasu. The Great Thief dynamic trio will never be the same.

AU What-if Miles Edgeworth is the Yatagarasu

Young Miles was fast and slick enough to run and lose the police and his guardians. At this point, they were probably searching all over the courthouse for him, not realizing the young boy had slipped out the window of the Witness Lobby. Miles could feel instant fear in his gut about what he was doing. Currently, he was hanging onto the window curtain, which he knew would not reach him all the way to the ground. He was two floors off the ground.

"I knew this was a bad idea," Miles mumbled, holding onto the curtain for dear life, seeing the end of it just below his feet. His arms were beginning to feel sore and his hysteria of being caught, combined with dropping to his death below, drew tears to his eyes. "Father, help me! I'm scared!"

The only thing Miles could do was hang on for dear life, hot tears rolling down his cheeks as he began reminding himself why he was here. He was... hiding evidence... from him. That's right, he saw him, his father's killer. That man was trying to cover up and destroy evidence of his murder. Miles had no other choice. If he didn't, then he...

Before the young boy knew it, he found himself being pulled up. Quickly, he looked up, then saw him, the face of his father's killer. He'd never forget that face. Fear instantly took over the young boy and he found himself screaming as he released his hold on the curtain. It felt so instant, him falling. Miles didn't know how far up he was, but it was certainly too far up for him to not land with injuries or death.

In that instant, Miles could only think of one thing, preserving evidence. Instantly, he allowed his body to face the ground, so his backpack would save the evidence. This way, only Miles would take the damage. He covered his face with his arms and legs, rolling himself into a ball before landing.

"GOTCHA!" Miles heard a distant voice, feeling himself being caught by two strong arms before passing out.

Byrne Faraday ran to the courthouse as soon as he heard about the earthquake and blackout. Detective Badd was still in there. There was also talk about the murder of Gregory Edgeworth. He didn't hear much about what happened in that courthouse, but it sounded like an open and shut case. Not the kind the mysterious prosecutor tackled. The Detective was likely to take the case than Prosecutor Faraday.

Though, Byrne would never have expected to find his most trusted detective with an unconscious boy in his arms. Not to say it was any surprise, he often found himself in strange situations and had a knack for saving lives, especially children. The small boy certainly wasn't someone the prosecutor was familiar with.

"Who's the kiddo you got yourself, Detective Badd?" Prosecutor Faraday asked, showing a teasy smirk.

"...... he fell two stories from the Witness Lobby," Detective Badd replied, sucking on his sucker, while holding the boy in one hand and a rather heavy backpack in the other. "He was carrying this."