Jumbo Soup Bowl

Summary: Larry, Phoenix and Miles decide to start a tradition for just the three of them to do together as friends. What starts as a silly tradition turns into something much greater that could bond the three of them together.

Young Phoenix and his two best friends Larry and Miles decided that they wanted their own hangout that would only be for them. They decided to meet up at the corner of the playground during recess. Once there, they sat on the ground and began thinking ideas.

"Maybe we can make a clubhouse or something. Edgey, you got a tree in the backyard to make a tree house?" Larry asked.

"My father and I live in an apartment, you dimwit," Miles replied.

"Sorry, I didn't know. I thought at least one of us had a house and a backyard. I've always wanted to play in a backyard, but my sister is all like 'we can't afford a house, idiot brother,'" Larry grumbled.

"The orphanage has a backyard, but it's full of play sets and we're not allowed to build things like that on the trees," Phoenix said sadly.

"This is a waste of time. We meet each other at school. Why do we need a hangout?" Miles asked, arms crossed.

"It's called tradition, man. Once you get yourself a group of three or more friends, you're supposed to set a tradition to hang out every weekend," Larry smirked.

"You just made that up!"

"Nah uh! I see it happen all the time!"

"When?"

"It's on Nickelodeon."

"..... Nick, please restrain me before I choke this guy to death."

Larry shook up, then started crying alligator tears as he whined, "Edgey~ I thought we were friends~"

"Guys, calm down!" Phoenix said as the two friends turned to look at him. "I kinda agree with Larry. It would be nice to find someplace to meet each other, aside from school. We have 3 until 9 of free time with only 10 minutes of recess and lunchtime during school. Don't you want us to hang out a little longer, Miles?"

".... I... suppose it wouldn't hurt. Recess is such a short time... and lunch," Miles muttered, turning his head to the side.

"As I said, we should start a tradition!" Larry smirked, putting his hands to his hips.

"Well, the clubhouse is out of the question, so what other ideas do you have in store oh great Larry Butz?" Miles asked, crossing his arms with his nose in the air.

"Let me think.... hm...."

"At this point, recess will end and we will leave with no hangout in mind."