Apollo Justice is on Your Side

Summary: Apollo comes to visit his friends and everyone at the Wright Anything Agency. Unfortunately, Maya gets accused of murder again, but this time, Phoenix is away in Europe defending a client. Apollo takes it upon himself to defend Maya in Phoenix's stead. This will prove to Phoenix and Maya that, even Maya Fey, doesn't have to be alone or rely only on Phoenix. She has the entire agency and the Justice Law Office to defend her when Phoenix cannot.

This was supposed to be a simple visitation. Of course, Apollo knew Phoenix had gone to do some legal business in Europe. Trucy had gone with him as his moral support. He wouldn't be able to catch them for at least four days from today. In the meantime, Apollo figured he could catch up with everyone else, until they got back. Athena was holding the fort and was excited to see her old friend again. Simon was happy in his own way and Klavier... the same. Apollo also decided to pay a visit to Kurain too, catching up with Pearl and Maya Fey. Everyone was happy to see him again.

Unfortunately, Phoenix wasn't the only attorney that trouble that tends to follow. Apollo seemed to have caught the same trait and, whenever there was an attorney in the midst, that seems to lure trouble and Maya always tend to be caught up in it, particularly murder. This time, Phoenix would not be there to save her. He was all the way in Europe, thus was too busy to answer his phone and, if that weren't bad enough, the phone calls Maya was allowed to make from the Detention Center were limited and cost $0.50 per call.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Fey. I was able to get a hold of Trucy, but she says Mr. Wright is taking a case right now," Apollo said sadly.

Maya sighed, "what a load of luck. Here I am, accused of murder... again... and Nick has to deal with his own client."

"Yeah. Sorry."

"Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault this happens to me. I just tend to have bad luck on my side when it comes to murder. I was even accused of murdering my sister, once upon a time. That was when Nick defended me for the first time. I tried to get a hold of Mr. Grossberg, my sis' mentor, but... he couldn't help me. At least Nick has an excuse this time."

Apollo listened carefully behind the glass window, nodding. He remembered hearing those words from Phoenix when he became Apollo's first client. He had a tendency for having bad luck on his side and having no one to defend him. Of course, he laughed it off, saying that it was why he became an attorney. Either way, Apollo could see there was some sadness behind that. Sure, Phoenix practically guided Apollo throughout that whole trial, but it was clear he was thankful for having at least one person on his side. Knowing that his former mentor was the real murderer, those words about always having bad luck and having no one on his side seemed to have a much stronger meaning, now looking back.

"Ms. Fey, I know it wasn't you and there's no way Mr. Wright can defend you at this point so..." Apollo said, pressing his finger on his forehead before slamming his fists on the counter. Maya jumped back. "YOU'LL BE FINE!! Apollo Justice is here to defend you!"

"Justice..." Maya said, eyes widened. "Y-You don't..."

"Sorry, I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm not doing this for Mr. Wright. I'm doing this, because I can and you need someone to defend you. I'm just as good as Mr. Wright and, in fact, have defended him as his attorney in court. I also have a lie detector of sorts, even if it's not a magatama. If that isn't good enough for you, then I can add Athena, who can detect emotions from people's voices and was also taught by Phoenix Wright. If those aren't good qualifications for you, then I don't know what is. As far as I'm considered, you've got yourself covered," Apollo smirked proudly.

Maya found herself flabbergasted, then found herself smiling and crying in joy, saying, "thank you. Nick certainly has taught you guys well. Hmph, I'm counting on you to get me out of here, so I can meet Nick again and make him buy me some burgers!"