26.

All I knew was that I was in a lot of pain and I was scared. I must've been momentarily knocked out as I found myself lying on the ground. Then I noticed the horror all around. I didn't know what had happened. The stage that we had been standing on moments ago was nothing more than twisted metal and splintered wood all around me. The air was thick with dust and I could see people lying on the ground, some partially buried and others freeing themselves.

I noticed a shooting pain in my leg, dull at first but more intense when I saw a metre long pipe sticking out of my thigh, pinning me to the spot. A strange feeling of calm washed over me. I was too shocked to feel scared. And then my mind switched elsewhere.

'Ed?' I shouted. He had been stood beside me. And now I couldn't see him. I looked out at where the crowd had been and saw people collapsing on the floor, covered in blood. But no Ed. Or Dan. Had he walked away in time? Or was he under all this rubble? I had no idea how much time had passed from saying goodbye to the accident. Or whatever had happened. Was it a bomb? I couldn't see any fire. Maybe it was an earthquake? What if Dan was badly hurt? Or worse? Oh god, I'd never forgive myself. It would be my fault.

Now I felt terrified. I had to find him. I had to get up and find him.

I tried to lift myself up but the pipe was connected to something underneath. I screamed out in pain and was too scared to try again. I wasn't getting out of there without a lot of help. I began to shout for Ed, Dan, anyone, but everyone was scurrying around trying to save themselves. I heard a lot of shouting in Hungarian as security guards began lifting people out. Then sirens and flashing lights surrounded the disaster. I lay myself down and waited, feeling the throbbing pain in my leg and now my head. I put my hand to my head and found it wet with blood.