Chapter 13: A Second Time

Dabi shot him a text a day later saying they couldn't go over for a short while. Deku leaned back on his couch feeling the loneliness setting in.

Maybe I was wrong. I shouldn't have pushed so hard.

He still had three days left but he had healed up pretty good. He grabbed his phone and begged his agency to let him go back on patrols at night with Shouto. There was less work at night and he could still take it easy. After some arguing, they finally agreed.

Things weren't the way they should've been. Izuku shouldn't have gotten close to any of them. Even if Shigaraki didn't like him romantically, he didn't want to lose any of them as friends. Now he was hurting because he was being pushed away.

His favorite thing about them was no one teased him about his inability to use his own power.... since it wasn't really his. Maybe they liked hanging with him because he thought their quirks were cool and he had no problem with them being unusual at all. They lived together perfectly fine even with Dabi talking shit most of the time.

The biggest problem was his growing feelings for Tomura. He had thought if things weren't slow, he wouldn't have to worry about too much. It wasn't something he wanted to rush. He was enjoying the fact the villain was kind of romantic. It was something cute he liked and something Izuku really wanted.

He was more than glad to put on his uniform and to out again but his heart felt heavy. Izuku wanted Shigaraki right there by his side. He wanted to see his sleepy face and his bed hair. He frowned. He never had an actual boyfriend or girlfriend. He literally just slept with people but with Tomura it was another level of need and wanting.

Izuku pushed the thoughts away and drove to his agency. Shouto ended up pulling up next to him. The dual user jumped out of his car and greeted his best friend with a smile and a rare hug. He forced a painful smile but apparently Shouto didn't notice or he chose not to question him.

"I'm glad to have you back. It was too quiet. I thought I would have a small break from your mumbling but I actually missed it," Shouto said with a smile.

Izuku blushed and nodded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get hurt."

"I know. Let's get started and get some coffee. How does that sound?"

"That sounds amazing actually. I'm ready to be out and about!"

They walked to one of the few open gas stations and got their coffees. It was just like how it was weeks ago but it wasn't. Deku's brain was thinking about Tomura. The jealously and anger he had displayed just over Dabi training him.... The burning anger in his red eyes from the lap dance.... The way he just left because Katsuki Bakugou showed up at his door. It thrilled him to some point and disappointed him on another level.

It was just training. It wasn't like they were kissing.

I admit the lap dance was a bad idea.... Dabi went with it though. He thinks there's something between us but maybe there isn't? Maybe Tomura just doesn't like me and he's worried about being found out?

Izuku sighed.

"What's wrong? Was I droning on too much?"

He blinked realizing he never heard a single word his friend had said.

"S-sorry. I didn't hear what you said."

Shouto tried to look offended but he couldn't pull it off making Izuku chuckle.

"Are you that lost in thought or are you hurting too much?"

"I'm fine."

"Is it that guy? The blonde or the one Uraraka and I walked in on?" Shouto asked pinpointing the problem.