Chapter 24: 100%

Izuku stood there in the middle of field alone. He had asked for the day off and it had been a week since the talk with Dabi.

I can use all those quirks but the Black Whip and One for All. I did a complete notebook on myself last night. The problems I have... I just hope this is something I can do right.

"Hey."

"Hey Shouto!"

"Are you ready for this?"

"More than ever."

Shouto grinned, "I haven't seen you this excited since the sports festival."

"Oh! I'm engaged by the way."

The dual user stared at him.

"Wait- what?"

"I think it was an accident but Dabi said it was real so I guess we just stuck to that story?"

"Um...."

That wasn't very romantic?

"Well... surround me with ice."

Shouto had a million questions but he could wait. He touched the ground and a giant wall of ice shot up into the sky. The temperature around Izuku had dropped drastically but it was nothing to worry bout. He closed his eyes and tried to remember Dabi's words.

Just feel it.

One for All fired up quickly. He looked down at his wrist for the mini gauge that Mei had made him almost two years ago. The number flew up to sixty nine and stopped. He let out a shaky breath and released the Black Whips too. It was time. He had someone to control the wild nature of the quirk. He was just glad Shouto wasn't afraid of him.

The tendrils surrounded him calm and just floating around him waiting for a response. He had to just feel it like Dabi had said. Just feel it. It seemed like he needed a more clear objective instead of thinking about it too much. He felt himself lifted into the air like they were stilts.

Destroy the ice wall.

The whips lashed out at an enormous length slamming into the ice. It started to crack but it wasn't going down as easily as Izuku had thought. Shouto must've thickened it on purpose. If sixty nine wasn't enough, he needed to push a little more. He closed his eyes hard and let out a breath.

He needed an idea. What could he do if he couldn't use One for All on his own body alone?Izuku had to think.... think....

"Maybe that's why you keep that asshole at arm's length?"

Arms length.... Oh! Dabi, you're brilliant!

One for All began flowing through not just through his body but through the black tendrils floating outside of his body. He heard the gauge beep and he glanced down to see it was reading ninety five. A weird grin appeared on his face as he willed them to slam into the ice wall. They cut through the ice all the way down into the ground, collapsing it inward.

"Hey!"

Izuku saw the ground caving in around his friend. Black whip flung out and grabbed Shouto placing him further away where it was safe. It seemed like Todoroki was unharmed but he looked shaken for some reason. Izuku landed on the ground and released it.

"Are you ok?"

The dual user nodded.

"Those... they emit a weird feeling..."

Deku looked ashamed. Shouto had realized what he had just said.

"It's ok! You did everything you could to save me and I thank you for that. I was just so surprised."