Chapter 15: Why

"Hey fuckers."

Shouto and Izuku turned around to see Bakugou standing there. Izuku wrinkled his nose at the hero. The expression on Deku's face threw Bakugou through a loop. He wasn't expecting that of all things. Shouto had to hide the smirk on his face to avoid a fight.

"What's up Katsuki? Can we help you with something?" Deku asked with a bored look on his face.

"Katsuki?"

"That's your name isn't it?"

"Sure."

He returned his attention back to Shouto for about what they had to do.

"You ready for coffee?" Izuku said with a smile looking at Shouto.

"Sure. Can we go to that little coffee shoppe before it closes? I'm in the mood for iced coffee."

"Ooo! Now that does sound good, let's get some!"

"I'm standing right here!" Bakugou barked.

"What do you want?" Shouto asked, "We aren't going to start anything. We just want to do our job and go home."

"They sent me to patrol tonight. Where do you guys usually go?"

"They should've given you a route. Call them and ask."

Bakugou stared at them.

"Wait-" Izuku said placing a hand on Shouto's arm, "You want to hang out with us. You feel.... you feel left out."

His face turned pink. Whether it was shame or embarrassment or both, it was funny.

"What the hell did you say?!"

Shouto grabbed Izuku's arm, pulling him away.

"Coffee before they close."

The duo made their way to the coffee shoppe with Katsuki trailing behind them. Not once did they turn around to acknowledge him. Shouto discretely messaged their head pro for information. It turns out Bakugou was put on night shift at his agency and told to shadow them to learn the ropes.

For once, Izuku looked displeased that his old childhood friend was around. It was probably a stunt to get them to work together for the sake of their agencies. Bakugou's was starting to look bad thanks to his temper.

They got their coffees and Shouto handed Bakugou one just to play nice but to be petty he didn't add any cream or sugar. The blonde looked pissed off about it but took it anyways. The whole idea of having him around bummed them both out. Izuku couldn't wait to go and get donuts and tacos for him and his villain friends.

What an odd thing to want, he thought with a smile on his face.

A few hours in their stray cat came out of the alley way and started rubbing up on Deku's legs. He bent over and started petting the kitty. It meowed a few times and Shouto smiled. Izuku was the sweetest guy and he loved animals even if they sometimes ran from him. As the dual user turned around to check the area, Bakugou swung a hand and slapped Izuku's ass.

"Oww!" he stumbled forward almost tripping on the cat, "What the fuck!"

It ran off in a hurry in a dark alley.

"You-

The three of them looked around looking for the person the angry voice came from.

"Did you hear that?" Izuku asked.

"Um.... maybe not. It might've been nothing," Shouto shrugged, "Maybe it was from someone's apartment."

Bakugou looked around.